Bug - Not A Bug r10759 unequips juju mask for recovery

O_3_141592

When recovering HP (using Bale's Universal Recovery, but I believe this behaviour is controlled by Mafia itself) Mafia temporarily equips my navel ring (if I'm not wearing it), apparently to try saving MP (though it will only cast Laugh it Off, which does not get cheaper - but this is a minor inconvenience).
Most of the time (I have not recognized any condition that differed the few times it behaved different), it does so by replacing the Juju Mojo Mask, thereby uneffecting the intrinsic (and reducing my max HP). I observed this with any combination of stainless steel scarf, Loathing Legion Necktie and bejeweled pledge pin/round purple sunglasses in the other accessory slots (Juju mask was always slot 1). IIRC this was different in the past.

I observed this first after upgrading from r10594 to r10708, but that was also the first run in quite a while, where I pulled a navel ring, so it may have been present before that. (That update included the adaption to the recent intrinsic change in KoL however, which might be related.)

roippi

Developer
I mean this in the nicest way, but there is so much parenthetical information in your post that it is nearly impossible to determine what you are reporting.

You are saying that you would like mafia to detect if you have the gaze effect active, and avoid removing the mojo mask for autorecovery if so.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The easiest end-user solution is to put the juju mask in a different slot so that something else will get replaced. That doesn't necessarily mean this doesn't need changing, but it makes this a lower priority at least.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I see code to avoid reducing MP cost for 1 MP skills.
I see code to avoid removing a Juju Mojo Mask.
How odd.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Upon further research, I believe that the code in KoLmafia itself will protect your Juju Mojo mask and not attempt to reduce MP consumption for 1 MP skills.

However, looking at the code for Universal Recovery, I see code to choose mp cost reduction gear, but I see nothing about the Juju mask or1 MP skills.

This is not a bug in KoLmafia.

O_3_141592

So I will bring it up in the appropiate thread.

Sorry for taking your time instead of checking myself, which part is responsible.