Bug - Waiting for Info questL10Garbage council text error

Bale

Minion
Noticed that questL10Garbage was not updated to "finished" when I visited the council today. Fortunately the bug was obvious. In questscouncil.txt it says this:

Code:
questL10Garbage	finished	We're not sure what you did, Adventurer, but the garbage finally stopped falling. Thanks a lot!<p>Oh, by the way -- we found this in the garbage when we were cleaning up, and thought you might have some use for it.

Unfortunately the council thinks that sometimes two spaces is better than one and says this:

Code:
<p>We're not sure what you did, Adventurer, but the garbage finally stopped falling.  Thanks a lot!<p>Oh, by the way -- we found this in the garbage when we were cleaning up, and thought you might have some use for it.

questscouncil.txt should have an extra space before "Thanks a lot!"

roippi

Developer
Hm. We (presumably) strip out all the HTML and whitespace before matching, so I'm not sure. I'll have a look.

Edit: the regex we use to match HTML and whitespace:
Code:
<[^<]+?>|[\s\n]

Using that to strip out all matches, the above two strings match in a regex tester. I don't know.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
All I can say for sure is that it did not update questL10Garbage when it visited the council, so something didn't work.