Question about mining with mafia

Ok, on some platforms when I go into the Dwarven mines, I see these large orange diamonds
with the word "dig" on it. Which I like.

On my mac, I don't see the "dig" symbol, I see the slowly blinking flash that the game uses
as a standard graphic.

So my question is two-fold.

1) Is it mafia or some greasemonkey script that is adding in these customized mining symbols.
2) How do I get my mac to use the custom symbols if it's mafia?

Thanks!

Bale

Minion
Those large orange diamonds are being provided by mafia. I have no idea why they wouldn't be on your mac, but it is surprising that they wouldn't since Veracity uses a mac. What browser do you use?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Those large orange diamonds are being provided by mafia. I have no idea why they wouldn't be on your mac, but it is surprising that they wouldn't since Veracity uses a mac. What browser do you use?

I use Firefox (since version 2.something and through the latest beta) on a Mac and I have never seen those diamonds. I assumed he meant the fast, obvious animation that the greasemonkey script above creates.

I use Firefox (since version 2.something and through the latest beta) on a Mac and I have never seen those diamonds. I assumed he meant the fast, obvious animation that the greasemonkey script above creates.

I am using firefox 3. I think the only clue about what might be going on is that I have
mafia cache the images in the preferences to reduce server hits. Do you think it's
cached some old versions of the images, and I need to manually delete the files?

Bale

Minion
This is screenshot of my Opera browser, so it is obviously not greasemonkey.

(Click on thumbnail for detail.)​
Do you think it's cached some old versions of the images, and I need to manually delete the files?
That wouldn't be hard to test. Just delete the entire images directory and see what happens.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I use a Mac and I see Jason's orange diamonds just fine. (He uses a Mac too, I believe). I'll defer this issue to him, since it's his feature. :)