pyramid.ash -- Disable links in the pyramid that might be bad

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You would only need to check when the lower chamber is opened up to Ed, right? I wouldn't expect that to be loaded many times before Ed is actually dead.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Depends on the person. But yeah, I'll add a preference (based on current ascension).

Edit: Also, I encountered a bug with the Turn Ratchet link. I'd advise against using it for the time being.

Double edit: Bug with Turn Ratchet fixed, preference added. Link to turn ratchet no longer appears if you've defeated Ed. As was with the previous version, the turn ratchet link does not refresh your inventory, so you may end up with some erroneous ratchet counts if you don't use the CLI to "refresh inv".

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
This is a more of a highjack than a feature request, but do you think you could compute ratchet drop rate vs. chance of getting the wheel noncombat, based on olfaction, current +item% and noncombat modifiers available? (maybe even check for poppers?)

And maybe use mafia's pyramidPosition setting do determine if the wheel has been turned at least once already (to make sure ratchets will drop).

This is me just keeping you from getting bored... but if I find the time to do it myself, do you mind if I use your pyramid.ash as a basis?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Heck, to be honest, I don't care if you use this as a base. That's part of my motivation for posting scripts -- to see what other people do with them.

I'd imagine that ratchet drop rate would be pretty simple, and pyramidPosition starts from 1, right? The exceptions would be pretty easy, too, so it wouldn't be too difficult to write up. It'll probably just be a table at the bottom of the page, so it doesn't interfere much with regular usage.

slyz

Developer
I haven't turned the wheel yet this ascension, and I have pyramidPosition = 1.
I could easily do the math part, but I'm really bad with HTML/CSS, and you seem to have a good handle on it.

Want me to do the math part? Or would you rather see it through on your own?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I have the math mostly down. Heck, I'm mostly done with it. =D

(pyramidPosition when completed seems to be 1, as well.)

Edit: Okay, very rough version attached.

Attachments

• pyramid.ash
    2.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That's not quite all of the relevant math. Fighting rats gives you stats and lets you flyer, the wheel noncombat doesn't give those. Those things are a lot harder to quantify though, so it's probably irrelevant to the script.

slyz

Developer
Don't tempt Heeheehee too much... and yes, I was only thinking of reducing turns spend turning the wheel, not turns spent powerlevelling and/or flyering too.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Quote from another thread:
It's not exactly the same mechanic: in the sea, a fight takes 2 advs - even if you loose. Against Ed (or the NS), a fight still takes 1 adv, but of course you can't do anything other than fight another form if you win. I don't think the sea's counter warning mechanic can be extended to Ed without creating problems when you loose or runaway during the fight.

This would make a great feature request for Heeheehee's pyramid.ash though.
[regarding "Warn if Ed would cause you to miss a semirare"]

The way I see it, there are two options: Either have a big fatty warning at the top (in red), saying "WARNING: You have a counter that will expire in X turns", or have a confirm dialog box thingy appear if you click on the lower chamber. Obviously the first option is easier to script, but if anyone would really rather have the second option, I'll do that instead.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Sorry for the double post, but a new version's up with the confirm dialog (and some possible bugfixes; I forget). I'd advise that everyone using this script download the latest version.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Okay, well, the bug report (and suggested solution) regarding Bale's telescope info relay override script got me thinking, and I realized that I can create my own actions and check them using form_field(). The recently uploaded version solves the inventory-not-updating issue, and it's totally nifty. Check it out!

Winterbay

Is there a reason this script fired when I was trying to fight mother slime? Had to disable the script to get the fight to actually load, only got the analysis of the ratchets before that...

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hrm? Did you happen to rename it as choice.ash?

It's be a simple fix in that case -- add the following line after "results.append(visit_url());":
PHP:
if(results.index_of("pyramid.php")==-1) exit;

Edit: By "rename" I mean "rename a copy of this script", as suggested in the first post.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Has anyone updated this script so it plays nice with the new(ish) mafia functionality? I've got it in my relay browser, but it doesn't display the stats unless you click on the Pyramid itself, not the redraws that Mafia does now after turning the wheel or using a Ratchet, nor does it protect the lower chamber.

slyz

Developer
Mafia doesn't apply relay overrides to redirects. I think that's the reason why this script doesn't remove the link to the lower chamber or display stats on ratchet drops/wheel encounters after the wheel is turned.

By the way, what is the new(ish) functionality you are talking about?

Bale

Minion
Has anyone updated this script so it plays nice with the new(ish) mafia functionality? I've got it in my relay browser, but it doesn't display the stats unless you click on the Pyramid itself, not the redraws that Mafia does now after turning the wheel or using a Ratchet, nor does it protect the lower chamber.

I've made changes to mine although I cannot remember what changes. I just click on the "Last Adventure" link to the pyramid zone to make it display. I'm attaching my version in case it works better. Please let me know if it fixes some problem.

Also, please tell us what this new(ish) mafia functionality might be.

Attachments

• pyramid.ash
    3.4 KB · Views: 64

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I vaguely recall something about "ooh, also save a copy of this as choice.ash if you want it to fire after middle chamber NCs". I don't remember if that ever worked, though.

I could probably rewrite parts of this script; it's pretty awful, IMO.