Feature Protection for [using] multiple vampire fang kits

antimarty

I have a set of plastic vampire fangs; they're locked to my char, like the mayfly bait. I also bought an extra make-your-own kit as an investment.

Both of them were sitting in Hangk's when I typed an unfortunate command: "use fangs" instead of "equip fangs". Mafia pulled the tradeable kit, used it, and now I've got two untradeable sets of plastic fangs (you can't equip more than one). I've also lost my investment item.

Allowing this to happen is maybe a bug on the game's part, but I'd like to see mafia say something like: "you already have one of those - are you sure you want another?"

roippi

Developer
That's pretty ridiculous that the game lets you do that; you should bug report it and maybe you can get your item back. Long shot, but hey.

Bale

Minion
Definitely a KoL bug!

Not a long shot. I've seen Jick fix that sort of thing in the past. They are very protective of people losing Mr. Store Items.

antimarty

I did submit it as a bug report; I'll let you know if they fix it so that it can't happen again.

When the item was still in Mr Store, it might have been a legitimate thing to allow - a speed runner could donate to save a pull - but not anymore.