Bug - Fixed Problem issuing commands from CLI

Braska

First noticed in build 11861, when typing in commands to buy Milk of Magnesium or Spooky Lo Mien from the mall, mafia returns "Search complete," without actually buying anything. When trying to use or eat said items, mafia returns an error saying "none found in inventory." Tried downgrading to build 11857 to see if this was a problem with the latest build, but the problem has persisted.

Bale

Minion
> buy Milk of Magnesium

Searching for "milk of magnesium"...
Search complete.
Purchasing milk of magnesium (1 @ 945)...
You acquire an item: milk of magnesium
Purchases complete.

> version

KoLmafia v15.9 r11861

Cannot confirm

Braska

Yeah, I just tried again with build 11861, and it worked this time. I'm working on recreating it now to see if one of the scripts interfered.

EDIT:
Ran all of my pre-adventuring scripts, and cannot recreate the problem. There was no debug log printed the first time, so I guess the best I can say for now is to keep an eye out for any weirdness. Sorry guys. =/

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This is, of course, a duplicate of the report about mall searching and buying being broken because KoL deprecated searchmall.php and replaced it with mall.php. So it was real and has been fixed.

Darzil

Developer
This is, of course, a duplicate of the report about mall searching and buying being broken because KoL deprecated searchmall.php and replaced it with mall.php. So it was real and has been fixed.

Other than the using (according to the initial post) a version with the fix incorporated.

Braska

The only thing I can think of, is that maybe for some reason when I updated to the new build the first time something didn't copy right. I always just copy over the old version of mafia, so maybe the download got interrupted and I didn't notice. Next time, I'll try re-downloading the newest build first, just in case something went wrong the first time. Everyone here puts so much effort into making this thing work, and I hate to waste anyone's time. Sorry again, I do promise to be more thorough next time.