Feature - Implemented "Previously Seen" doesn't always work with combat macros

palpitations

Using build 8564.

When adventuring normally, if you use a Spooky Putty Sheet, you get a "Previously Seen: You acquire an item: Spooky Putty monster" message after the last round of combat. This also works if you use a spooky putty sheet manually, and then let Mafia take over with running the macro, you also get this.

But if you have use the spooky putty sheet inside the CCS/macro, it doesn't give you that message at the end of combat.

This is easily tested by putting this into your CCS and spending a single adventure:
[default]
use item spooky putty sheet
attack

Or something along those lines. This really is not at all a big deal, but it does seem a bit inconsistent, so I figured I'd point it out. Thanks for your time :)

jasonharper

Developer
In the situation you describe, the putty monster was not "previously seen" in any sense - the item was acquired during the same page load as the end of combat, and therefore there was no need to defer its [use] link until later. There was a [use] link attached to the actual item drop, I assume?

palpitations

I see what you're getting at here, Jason... And yeah, I believe the [use] link was there (though I would have to check - and since I just ascended into HC, that's a bit tough).

But here's the thing: I think when it comes to usability, most people would be interested in combat rounds, instead of page loads. I can certainly see the distinction you're making here, and it's no trouble at all to just scroll back up to find my spooky putty monster... So maybe this is equal parts bug report and feature request? No matter what, I'd consider this an edge case, and I'd rather you guys spend your time on more pressing matters - but it does seem unintuitive, at least to me.

Bale

Minion
I would personally find it very useful if "previously seen" included items from earlier combat rounds. My macros jump to the bottom of the page automatically, so it would be helpful if it listed pickpocket items from earlier in the fight (or otherwise gained items) so that I don't have to scroll to see them.

Please count this as a feature request. I would like it a lot.

lidden

I would personally find it very useful if "previously seen" included items from earlier combat rounds. My macros jump to the bottom of the page automatically, so it would be helpful if it listed pickpocket items from earlier in the fight (or otherwise gained items) so that I don't have to scroll to see them.

Please count this as a feature request. I would like it a lot.

This++

Spiny

For illustration purposes of the OP's request/suggestion/report:

I just manually puttied a spam witch, then used the script button in my CAB to finish the fight with attack with weapon. I use Mr. Script which displays yoinked messages, so you'll have to disregard those, but in any event, here are the images I captured from the fight. At this point, I'd just click the use link on the previously seen item at the end of round 3 (unless I don't intend to use it now).

spamwitchputty1.jpg spamwitchputty2.jpg

If I create a CCS as mentioned:
Code:
[default]
item spooky putty sheet
attack with weapon

I use the spooky putty monster and run the CCS. The use link for the spooky putty monster appears in round 2, but not at the end of the fight at all. There is no previously acquired message. If, for whatever reason, this fight lasted several rounds I suppose it's possible that the item with the use link would have been a long scroll bar away?

spamwitchputty3.jpg

Bale

Minion
There is no previously acquired message. If, for whatever reason, this fight lasted several rounds I suppose it's possible that the item with the use link would have been a long scroll bar away?

Yes. This. :(

Isvarka

Pickpocketed items in macros don't show up as previously seen

This was mentioned over on the main KoL forums and I wanted to make a feature request for it.

When you have pickpocket as a part of a combat macro, it won't display the pickpocketed item at the bottom in the Previously Seen section. I wouldn't be surprised if this also occurs with some other combat items though I haven't directly confirmed it. It was mentioned by i'm lost that Mafia won't display an item drop in the Previously Seen section if it was on the same page load, which while understandable, can cause items to be missed if it was a multi-round combat that resulted from the combat macro.

Is there a chance that we could get this feature modified so as to show items that have been acquired in that combat that were not acquired on the final round of the combat?

Thanks.

I"ll just add the image of me burning out the scroll wheel to find out what got pickpocked, over and over again, smoke pouring out of the mouse as it begs for mercy...

In other words, a weakening of the meaning "previously seen" would be useful. Even if the macro shows it all on one loaded page, it is often more then one physical page. If it is scrolled off it could be said to be previous.