Feature - Rejected Preventing pulls in Beecore (possibly Oxy/Booze/Teet too)

mstieler

Could something like this be implemented just as a failsafe?

I understand it probably wouldn't work with the /pull chat command, but I'm hoping when using either Mafia's gCLI or going directly to Hagnk's and attempting to pull a food/drink/usable you couldn't use or a piece of equipment that would hurt, Mafia would warn you.

I understand this is more a quality of life thing than something everyone could use, and in fact, my errors in Beecore had been from improper planning and thinking "Hey, that Marshmallow Flambe looks helpful" to bring me closer to the drunk cap. I know there's some GM stuff that works, but unfortunately, that can only stick through when I'm on one computer.

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would suggest using !=b as a filter in the Item Manager (Storage section), but then you can't narrow it down to a particular item to pull. Maybe I'm the only person too paranoid about matching the wrong item to use the pull CLI command or /pull.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I wonder is it would be easy to allow both a text filter and a predicate filter? E.g.

clover!=b
hi mein#<20

I know that I have tried something like the former, myself, and wished it would work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bump so I can remember thinking about combining text+predicate filters.

I do not intend to implement any "are you sure" warning for pulling B items in Beecore - even though I was bitten by that myself on my first Softcore Beecore run. I had no problems with my pulls on the next 9 runs, except a misclick on day 3 of one of them where I pulled a set of "diamond studded fronts" for no obvious reason - and no benefit, since I had no plans to bring out my Wind-up Chattering Teeth. Although, they are not a B familiar, so I COULD have. Hmm. :)

roippi

Developer
I think that the time for implementing beecore stuff has passed. Closing as I don't think anyone is going to take the time to implement old challenge path stuff.