Bug - Not A Bug Planks link from the dinghy plans doesn't use the planks after getting them.

Terion

r10806, relay browser. I did my fifth vacation and acquired the dinghy plans, which had a nice little "planks" helper link next to them. I had not yet picked up planks from the hermit, so when I clicked on the planks link, Mafia went off, got a worthless item from some gum, got a permit, and traded for the planks... and gave me the hermit page showing the acquired planks.

It did not use the plans with the planks to create the dingy dinghy as I would have expected; since I clicked on the link on the plans initially, it would seem to follow that I did want Mafia to use them after getting the planks.

CLI said:
[145] Muscle Vacation
Encounter: Bang!
You acquire an item: stick of dynamite
You acquire an item: dinghy plans ***This is where I clicked on the planks helper link next to the plans***
Purchasing chewing gum on a string (1 @ 50)...
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string
You spent 50 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 chewing gum on a string...
You acquire an item: disco mask
Finished using 1 chewing gum on a string.
You spent 50 Meat
Purchases complete.
You acquire an item: ravioli hat
You spent 50 Meat
Purchases complete.
You acquire an item: worthless gewgaw
Purchasing hermit permit (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: hermit permit
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
You acquire an item: dingy planks
You acquire an item: dingy dinghy ***This is where I clicked on the plans helper link next to the planks***

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Bug? More like a feature request. Getting the planks gives you a link to use the plans, so it never seemed like a big deal to me.

StDoodle

Minion
Clicking a link that says "planks" which acquires planks is not a bug. If desired, please make a separate feature request.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As stated, this is working as intended.

You get plans and have planks already, you get a "plans" link to read the plans and make the dinghy.
You get plans and have no planks, you get a "planks" link to go get some planks.
You get planks and have a plan, you get a "plans" link to read the plans.

Since that is how it is intended to work and is how it works, this is in no way a bug.

Terion

Ah, OK; I never noticed that, when you obtained the plans, the link was different depending on whether you had planks in inventory or not. I just saw a link after the plans and thought "clicking that link will cause Mafia to make the dingy, including getting the planks if I don't already have them." So, when it got the planks but didn't do the final step of using the plans, it seemed like an error to me.

Since it's working as intended, it's of course not a bug; sorry for distracting you. I'll mull it over for a bit before deciding if there's a reason to put in a feature request or not.