Ping pong paddle scripting help

snooty

So, I have zero clue how to script this. How would one script using a ping pong ball if the paddle is equipped? I don't even know what to search for to find something similar or I'd have done that, sorry :(

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have no idea and have not tried this myself. But...

The ping pong ball is a combat item. Custom Combat Scripts can use combat items so I might start there if I wanted something simple - if monster is X then use ping pong ball. Hardest part will be choosing a second action if there are no ping pong balls available.

There are also consult scripts (later on the same wiki page) that can be written that give you a lot of control over what to do - doing something different whether the paddle is equipped, or not.

There are also combat macros that could be written but but I have never tried one so would be speaking from more than my usual position of ignorance.

The key, though, is they are a combat item so you need some kind of in combat scripting.

snooty

I have no idea and have not tried this myself. But...

The ping pong ball is a combat item. Custom Combat Scripts can use combat items so I might start there if I wanted something simple - if monster is X then use ping pong ball. Hardest part will be choosing a second action if there are no ping pong balls available.

There are also consult scripts (later on the same wiki page) that can be written that give you a lot of control over what to do - doing something different whether the paddle is equipped, or not.

There are also combat macros that could be written but but I have never tried one so would be speaking from more than my usual position of ignorance.

The key, though, is they are a combat item so you need some kind of in combat scripting.
Dude, thanks for the link! I had no idea that even existed! Most of it's Greek to me, but I created an entirely separate CCS which has this so far...

[ default ]
if hascombatitem ping-pong ball
item ping-pong ball
skill saucegeyser
endif

which works as long as I have ping pong balls :)