Parsing help

DaMaster0

I have some questions about parsing mail. I want to create a library that can do this, but I need some help.

1. How does the split_string function work? Can it be used to parse different messages in your inbox?

2. How do you get to your inbox for that matter? I clicked on the messages link, but the url didn't change, so I can't use a normal visit_url to get there.

3. How would I use a contains text function on a portion of the screen defined by split_string?

Thanks!

DaMaster0

ya, i saw that, but all the scripters there know what the functions do. I don't really understand what input split_string requires. plus they didn't talk about the urls, just html, which I have never used before.

Alhifar

Honestly, if you've never even used HTML, parsing pages may not be for you.

In any case, zarqon's registry script has a great function you could tear apart for parsing kmails, if you are so inclined to do a little editing.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
You could learn a lot from zarqon's registry script. However you can't really understand that without first taking a look at the html source of your KoL message inbox.

And you'll find information about string handling functions like split_string(), here.

DaMaster0

ok, i'm using his registry script, and I want to know if there is a way to define all items. I tried
Code:
$item[*]
but that didn't work.