Bug - Fixed Opening profiles from mafia chat results in nothing

Sentrion

r10274. When I try to open a profile from mafia chat, it opens a new tab with that player's name (or ID number, if I'm clicking on a player ID), but does not open the profile. This must have something to do with my preferences, because other mafia instances seem to work fine. I haven't been able to pinpoint which preference(s) yet, though. I've changed no settings since the last daily build I had, where it worked fine (I don't recall exactly what revision I last had, but I update every night right after rollover).

Grotfang

Developer
It works fine for me. Could you list your chat preferences and what they are set to? If you suspect it is a preference issue, then it is hard to replicate without those details.

Sentrion

Good point.

I suspect it may be easier if I posted screenshots rather than typed all the possibly-relevant ones out, so...
browser.pngchat_options.pnglook_feel.png

Grotfang

Developer
Thanks. I think I have the gist of your issue.

The default behaviour for clicking on a name without a toolbar specifying otherwise is to open a private message with that person. I assume that's what you mean happens when you click their name (and a new tab appears)?

In Preferences >> Chat Options, select "Add a toolbar to chat windows for special commands" and you can specify alternative behaviour. Does that resolve your problem?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oooh! That's my bug. Yesterday I changed the ChatFrame and, it seems, I inadvertently changed the default from "open profile" to "send a private message". I'll fix it.