Bug null pointer error while parsing skills

philmasterplus

Here's a patch that handles duplicate skill names "Static Shock" and "Hard Drinker" by using skill IDs instead of names. This patch doesn't touch CharSheetRequest.java.

Fortunately, the plumber skills seem to be already covered by KoLCharacter.addAvailableSkill(), and Ferocity by Modifiers.override(). KoLmafia also seems to distinguish between the two versions of Lightning Bolt. While I haven't tested for those, I am willing to submit more fixes if needed.

Again, sorry about all this churn.

Edit: @fronobulax If you have commit access, could you please also apply the patch I submitted in reply #15? Preferably as a separate commit.

Attachments

• philmasterplus-hard-drinker-fix.patch
    5.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I maintain that it's better for KoLmafia to parse a correct list of owned skills, rather than parsing a wrong list (due to duplicate names) and working around them.

I am in violent agreement. If there is a disagreement it is the degree to which all users of KoLmafia should be required to beta test when the path to that goal is not as clear as was thought.

For me there is a judgement call - is the current state better or worse for all users than the previous state? When I decide the answer is no I will revert the changes until a more complete fix is available.

I note there are unread (by me) posts in this tread so I should get off my soapbox and read them.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. I think both patches are in place - r20553 and r20554.

Am I correct in thinking there are a few edge cases the charsheet skill parsing needs to discover and handle?

philmasterplus

OK. I think both patches are in place - r20553 and r20554.

Am I correct in thinking there are a few edge cases the charsheet skill parsing needs to discover and handle?

Thank you.

And I hope not. I made sure to cover everything we've seen this month. But given KoL's long history, there may be some outliers yet.

I'll keep tabs on this forum, just in case.

Last edited: