Bug mood manager populates wrong at skills when autofilling maximal buffs

Finally had a chance to look at this... When in the mood manager and auto-filling a maximal set of buffs, I kept getting situations where it populated with "when low on phat loot, cast aria of annoyance", etc. After digging into the code, I found the issue. When the total number of songs one can play (my situation, I have 3 perm'd right now) is <= to the number of songs you can play, kolmafia just adds all the songs you have - but due to a typo, sets the skill from the ranked order list of songs instead of the actual list of skills you have. If I'm not explaining it well, my apologies, but a quick look at the patch should hopefully make it clear.

And because I'm a giver, I added a bunch of other minor fixes you're welcome to ignore. :)

- added a note to classskills.txt that Songs are type "6".
- added comments to list out the skill name for skills that are being skipped, to make it a bit more readable.
- added additional skills beyond song of the glorious lunch to skip - Canticle of Carboloading, The Ode to Booze, Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration - since all of these aren't appropriate for moods. I think I got all of them, but I could have missed a few.
- tweaked the MoodManager.pickSkills function to, if you have more skills than you're allowed to simultaneously have and yet not enough ranked Skills to complete the set,, finish fleshing out the skills chosen from your remaining skills. The scenarios is for say AT songs, I've got 5 perm'd, only 1 of which are on the ranked list - right now, the maximizer will only add the one on the ranked list and move on. A better fix than my patch is fully populate the ranked list with all the skills, but that's highly subjective and impossible to get right. An even better fix, as I'm typing and thinking about it, is to pop up a dialog box that allows the user to choose between the various options, maybe I'll look into that. Either way, I think this is better than the current behavior even if it's not yet perfect.

Thanks!

Attachments

• mood_cleanup.patch
    3.8 KB · Views: 43

Theraze

For auto mood-population, Donho is probably worth skipping. Useful for manually adding to an underwater mood, useless on the surface.

Shrug - yeah, I thought about that one, but as another AT skill you're generally going to need to tweak those anyways if you either have more than the number of songs you can cast, or if you don't have all the ranked ones perm'd. I also thought about going the route of the modifier maximizer and adding logic to consider the last adventured zone in the calculations, thus if you were underwater donho's is good, if you're not underwater never add it. Preferences?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I took most of this for revision 11150.

I think the section that does this - "if you have more skills than you're allowed to simultaneously have and yet not enough ranked Skills to complete the set, finish fleshing out the skills chosen from your remaining skills." - is problematic. I was concerned that it might add skills that were incompatible with the "ranked" buffs or generally inappropriate to a mood. Looking more closely, that is not a concern; the problematic buffs were filtered out of the "known" list. So I guess I'll go add that part of the patch, too.

Thanks.

Edit: Or not. It just adds skills in order from the known skills list - even if they were previously added because they were on the ranked skill list.

Last edited: