Bug - Won't Fix Modifier Maximizer oddities with Coily

Hey, gang. I have found a little odd behaviour when using Modifier Maximized with Meat Drops. I can equip the Coily, and it does so without issue, but it then shows up in the Overview window as if I have newly acquired it. It does not do it with any other item (although I have seen it before with things like consuming Melted Jello Shots). Does it maybe have to do with the TM in the name? Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out? TIA

jasonharper

Developer
This is an occasional problem due to server-side caching of combat item counts; the cache isn't always promptly updated when you add or dispose of a combat-usable item outside of combat, resulting in mafia incorrectly correcting its inventory count when it sees the item list in your next combat. There's no easy fix on our side, since updating the inventory counts from the combat item list is by far the most practical way of determining whether the items were actually consumed in battle. (The alternative would be to explicitly recognize every possible success message, or every possible failure message, for every single combat item.)

Darzil

Developer
It isn't a combat item, it's a weapon.

I've seen similar stuff, back ages ago when my farming alt was still used, and was using Coily to farm. It wouldn't be detected when I logged in with it equipped, but when I took it off it would see it as a newly gained item, or something like that. However, tried to replicate that on the current patch, and couldn't.

slyz

Developer
I can't reproduce this. I equip the Coily from the Maximizer, and it doesn't appear in the Session Results.

jasonharper

Developer
I was actually able to reproduce this; it requires a combat shortly after the equipment change (that's the point at which the problem actually occurs), and doesn't always happen no matter how quickly the combat was done.

So no soup for me, even though other can reproduce it? I am fine with that, I guess. It is just an odd thing. If you do decide to look at it, the Melted Jello Shots also show up after having cleared the window. These are the only two things I have seen do this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As [/b]this thread[/b] points out, we didn't have the Coily listed as a combat item. Revision 10745 fixes that. It's not obvious if or how that had anything to do with this, but it is suspicious that that was the only equipment that wasn't tagged correctly and it's the only one that this problem happens on.

I'd be interested to hear if the issue still happens to the OP.