Feature - Implemented "modernize" item manager tables

Rinn

Developer
Should probably make the item lists in the store manager and museum display use these tables as well.

roippi

Developer
FYI there is a bug if you open the item manager before logging in: all of the creation panels will have all of their columns set to visible during login. This is a mostly cosmetic bug, though I'd characterize it as a pretty severe one since now column states are persisted across sessions.

This bug is proving difficult to track down, so the workaround for now is "don't do that."

Edit: nevermind, squashed it. r11079

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
(haha, apparently this is Mention Frames Roippi Has Never Opened Week)

I can take a look at those panels you guys mentioned. I'm not exactly sure how extensible ShowDescriptionTable is in its current form. I've meant it as a drop-in replacement for ShowDescriptionList, and if it's not I'll address that.

Winterbay

Is there anything I need to do to get the saving of the columns to work? They seem to reset every time I close the item manager :(

Winterbay

Heh :)
So, before you either needed to set the columns and then logout without closing the window or have it set as a tab?

roippi

Developer
Yeah. I have mine set as a tab. Which is why a lot of these issues with the closing of item manager have popped up - you can do that?!

Great stuff! Would it be possible to add more ways to filter in the selection field? Currently I know of the # and $ comparators, as well as alpha, but with the new fields being present, it'd be great to search by say fill=2 & yield>3.00, for example. Possible?

P.S. I thought there was a thing with Bees Hate You where there was a ! comparator as well, but that seems to be gone now

roippi

Developer
I haven't touched the filtering functionality, any filters that were there before are still there.

More filters are possible, I suppose. The filter field actually has nothing to do with the tables, it does its filtering before the table gets hold of the data model.