Bug Missing page on clan ascension logs

Theraze

If you take a clan snapshot, and view the ascension records for someone specific, it has a link at the top labelled
View Pre-NS13 Ascension Records

The problem is that it tries to go to a specific site on the server apparently, except on your own hard drive... Probably would be good to have it do a replace_string or something like that to redirect people back to the server for those links, collecting that information as part of the snapshot and changing the link to go to there, or just completely removing the link.

Grotfang

Developer
This is slightly confused. What happens is mafia pulls straight from the server the html files that make up the player profiles and ascension history (depending on what you have selected to do). Line 359 of ClanManager.java is responsible for changing the link in your profile to your ascension log from a php hit to a regular page request (saved locally). However, in much the same way that the display case, store and clan are linked from the player profile pages generated, so to is the pre-NS13 ascension record -- despite the fact the links (as one might expect) will not work.

The reason these are left in this manner is, I believe, to avoid adding a load of code that removes these links. What value is there to grabbing a snapshot of pre-NS13 performance? If that link is done away with, then so to should the profile links to the store, etc. It wouldn't be overly complicated to code, I don't believe, I can have a crack at it tonight.

Theraze

Either removing them or making it so that it tags http://kingdomofloathing.com/ on front of the addresses so that they work, though in a non-snapshotty way, would be a fix. Looking forwards to fix. :) I like staring at statistics and so on, and it confuses me when things are broken longterm. :)

Grotfang

Developer
I suppose my point is that I'm not convinced it's anything that needs "fixing". I don't think there's any value to seeing the pre-NS13 data, so really the only fix would be to unlinkify the text. As I stated before, there is other text that is linked to kingdom of loathing's php scripts, so I wonder to what extent it is really worth changing.

Theraze

Well, the 'fix' is that currently, the snapshot utility makes pages with bad links. Whether the links are removed, or made to be good links, either fixes the issue; generating pages with broken links is a bug imho...