New Content - Implemented Missing item for GameInformerPowerDailyPro

Darzil

Developer
Using 1 blue potion...
You gain 55 Muscularity Points
You acquire an effect: Healthy Blue Glow (duration: 20 Adventures)
--------------------
1189 Healthy Blue Glow mp.gif 6918808085c915b30fcb5b511941ea5c
Healthy Blue Glow MP Regen Min: 3, MP Regen Max: 4
--------------------

Erich

And with 11855 I'm marking this finished.

Not done yet! I'm running 11856

--------------------
1188 Healthy Red Glow hp.gif fb87e3f45c797d9e4e632dfb12cb0f78
Healthy Red Glow HP Regen Min: 6, HP Regen Max: 8
--------------------

comes from:

cartoon heart (10 Adventures)
extra-strength red potion (40 Adventures)
red potion (20 Adventures)

--------------------
1189 Healthy Blue Glow mp.gif 6918808085c915b30fcb5b511941ea5c
Healthy Blue Glow MP Regen Min: 3, MP Regen Max: 4
--------------------

comes from:

blue potion (20 Adventures)
fancy blue potion (40 Adventures)
gold star (10 Adventures)

===

How does mafia handle the "Increase rounds of..." relay button if an effect comes from multiple sources?

Theraze

If something is marked implemented and you find something new, then it's additional new content. In a new thread. It doesn't mean that the implemented item stops being implemented... else we end up with threads still open 8 months later because something new MIGHT show up that nobody else has found yet.

Erich

My mistake, I didn't realize that was protocol. I just assumed since it was such a recent (only yesterday) implementation I shouldn't clutter the board.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
How does mafia handle the "Increase rounds of..." relay button if an effect comes from multiple sources?

One of those methods is specified the data file. You can override that by having a method in a mood, even if it isn't your active mood (I think).

Bale

Minion
My mistake, I didn't realize that was protocol. I just assumed since it was such a recent (only yesterday) implementation I shouldn't clutter the board.

Well, I have moved your post into the previously created thread for items missing from the GameInformerPowerDailyPro dungeon. Isn't that great? Darzil previously made the same error, but I quietly moved his post off into a new thread without bothering to make a fuss about it. Then you fail to notice the new thread before posting in the old and implemented thread. Sigh! You're not the only one that things "Implemented" means to keep using the thread so at least your misconception has company.

mstieler

I guess less of a missing item and more of a "why not?", but is there a reason there's no "Use" links for GIPDP magazines in the correspondence tab, as there were for all the Pen Pal items?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I guess less of a missing item and more of a "why not?", but is there a reason there's no "Use" links for GIPDP magazines in the correspondence tab, as there were for all the Pen Pal items?

Probably the same reason that there are no longer any use links for Pen Pal items there. There are equip links though. I don't know why that is.

The items and effects listed are in 11857.

mstieler

Probably the same reason that there are no longer any use links for Pen Pal items there. There are equip links though. I don't know why that is.

The items and effects listed are in 11857.

Was this something that changed in 11856? Looking at my correspondence tab, I have use links for Fish Juice Box, Nuclear Blastball, and Willyweed, and equip links for the Pokemann figurines. Or was it "no new use links"?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My confusion was caused by me not having fish juice boxes and willyweed in my inventory (they are in my closet). The lack of magazine links is because the item name in the message is "GameInformPowerDaily Pro magazine", with an extra space before Pro compared to the item name. I'm going to submit a KoL bug report about that.

Erich

My confusion was caused by me not having fish juice boxes and willyweed in my inventory (they are in my closet). The lack of magazine links is because the item name in the message is "GameInformPowerDaily Pro magazine", with an extra space before Pro compared to the item name. I'm going to submit a KoL bug report about that.

Is it a bug? Happens all the time in chat and the likes, where it automatically adds a space after 20 characters, regardless of what it is. That's why links seem broken up.

slyz

Developer
That only happens in chat, to avoid having text larger than the chat frame.

EDIT: oh... it also happens when we write kmails, doesn't it? Maybe even kmails generated by KoL go through the same word break-up code.