Bug - Not A Bug Missing Craftable Booze in Item Manager

tummygrmbl

I'll start by saying that this is probably somehow my fault and not a bug within Mafia, but I don't know what else to do at this point.

I have 2 characters that I run with Mafia on a daily basis. I use MafiaUpdate2 to launch every time I run, currently on v15.1 r10906. The problem is that on my Main (and only my Main) I've been missing craftable booze in the item manager for a few weeks, now.

I've tried removing all other scripts, and clearing my item flags, and this does not seem to make a difference. The items that I am specifically missing are the peppermint mixables. On my Multi (and on both of my sister's accounts, which she let me log in to check), if I have a peppermint sprout and/or peppermint twist and base booze in my inventory, then the appropriate booze appears in both the "Booze" manager and in the "Mixable" sections of the Item Manager. However, my Main will not offer it as an option in either. If I browse to my discoveries window through the relay browser, all 6 recipes are present. I can manually craft it after creating peppermint twists. But even with a peppermint twist and base booze, the peppermint drinks are not an option through the item manager. I've done everything short of deleting the entire directory and starting over from scratch - but I'm scared to do that because I don't want to lose demon names and SR counters, etc.

Is there any advice on where to check next? I can't think of any script that I may have used on the Main account that I didn't use on the Multi except for the slime tube script. But I can't see how that would possibly be related. I've already tried removing all of the ash files from my script folder. And I've also checked to make sure I have the latest versions of Zlib, etc. I don't have any recent debug logs in my folder that might indicate a problem. Just at a complete loss as to what to try next. I'm not sure if these are the only consumable recipes missing (peppermint patties still show up in Food), but these are the only ones I've noticed so far.

Suggestions?

Edited to add: I do have the Queue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit purchased and installed.

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, if you think it's a you thing, not a mafia bug, Community Support would have been a better place for this rather than marking it as a mafia bug.

How exactly do you have the crafting/creation preferences set?

tummygrmbl

I do apologize if this is the wrong area - a mod can move it if that's where it should be. I'm not a regular forum user. Having said that, the only option I have checked in the crafting preferences are "Per Drunk" and "By Room". One of the first things I looked for was to make sure that "No Create" and "Turn-Free" were not checked.

Theraze

For curiosity's sake... what does checking the creatable_amount for one of the drinks in the gCLI say?

tummygrmbl

I tried before making a peppermint twist and it returned 0. Then I made a peppermint twist and it still returned 0. I attached a screen shot with my discoveries page, gcli results, and my item manager if that helps?

Crimbojito-screen-shot.jpg

Theraze

Two things to try. The results of these two gCLI commands would be helpful... your results should be better than my HC results. :)
> debugcreate crimbojito

- fermenting powder limited to 172 by price 70
- bottle of rum limited to 172 by fermenting powder
- bottle of rum limited to 2 by brown sugar cane
- Crimbojito limited to 6 by bottle of rum
- peppermint twist limited to 0 by peppermint sprout
- Crimbojito limited to 0 by peppermint twist
Crimbojito.canMake(1) => 0

> ashq foreach it in get_ingredients($item[crimbojito]) print_html(it+" "+available_amount(it))

bottle of rum 0
peppermint twist 0
So that would be:
debugcreate crimbojito
ashq foreach it in get_ingredients($item[crimbojito]) print_html(it+" "+available_amount(it))

tummygrmbl

It was very anti-climactic. I put in both, and got the following:
Code:
> debugcreate crimbojito

> ashq foreach it in get_ingredients($item[crimbojito]) print_html(it+" "+available_amount(it))

> debugcreate crimbojito

The second one is after I went into preferences and checked "Verbosely log communication between KoLmafia and browser" in the Extra Debugging section - though I honestly don't know if that would make a difference anyway.

Theraze

So looks like your information is just broken... update clear in the gCLI and completely reboot mafia. Then check (in gCLI):
recipe crimbojito
debugcreate crimbojito

tummygrmbl

I did "update clear" and it gave me the message to restart mafia. I closed completely out, and restarted, but it still gives me nothing. :( On the up side, it does show the recipe.

Code:
> recipe crimbojito

Crimbojito: [Mixing (fancy)] bottle of rum + peppermint twist
***bottle of rum (3): [Mixing] fermenting powder + brown sugar cane
******fermenting powder
******brown sugar cane
***peppermint twist: [single-use] peppermint sprout
******peppermint sprout

> debugcreate crimbojito

Theraze

Little bit weird that it doesn't display anything for debugcreate or the print_html ingredients. Both should be displaying what's needed and how it can or can't get there... guessing that's the issue, but not sure why.

Anyone else have ideas on why get_ingredients isn't returning anything for tummy?

Edit: Looks like if the method isn't permitted, it won't return anything (as it didn't), but I'm not sure what's making it fail.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Go to the Item Manager.
Go to the Creatable section.
Uncheck the "require in-a-boxes" checkbox.

tummygrmbl

Oh. My. God.

I KNEW it was going to be something simple and embarrassing. Which is exactly why I waited like 3 weeks to ask. Lol. Thank you so much, Theraze, for your patience with me, and Veracity for your help, and all of the Devs for the greatest tool Ever. Going to wander off, now, and blush so hard my capillaries start bleeding.

Theraze

Heh. That was actually the crafting/creation preference I was going for earlier. Knew I should have been more explicit. :D

Glad it's working for you now.