Bug - Not A Bug Mini-bug : Burly Sidekick has 100 Attack and 90 Defence

Darzil

Developer
Discovered whilst trying to prove substat gain based on actual ML rather than base ML was still true whilst wearing Dwarven War Outfit. The rest of the Airship looks right, and the HP are right at 120, but the base Attack and Defence should be 100 and 90 (ie 100 ML), rather than 120 and 108 for the Burly Sidekick

Darzil

Developer
Bizarre. There is clearly something odd going on in my Mafia then. You can see from the screenshot that it's telling me differently to what it's telling you. What is particularly strange is that it isn't just not updating the data of a Mech, which does have 120 ML, as the previous encounter was a Quiet Healer.

And the same test as Veracity shows :

> ash monster_defense( $monster[ burly ] )

Returned: 108

> ash monster_attack( $monster[ burly ] )

Returned: 120

Update : Created a new mafia folder, put 10572 Jar in it, ran Jar, shut down Mafia, copied settings directory from my old mafia folder, but nothing else, logged in as same character, still shows attack of Burly Sidekick as 120. Same in 10578. Deleted sessions directory and tried again, same result. What else can I try ?

Sidekick.png

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Those functions take into account +ML. I'm guessing that if you failed to account for that, you would have thought the values were wrong for all monsters rather than just the one monster, so it doesn't seem like it should be relevant here...

Darzil

Developer
You sure that a stainless steel scarf or something similar didn't slip into your testing?

Yes. I think I'd have noticed taking it off before facing every other monster, whose stats were right. Also, it would have affected the monster HP, which you can see in the screenshot are correct.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. I think I'd have noticed taking it off before facing every other monster, whose stats were right. Also, it would have affected the monster HP, which you can see in the screenshot are correct.
Your screenshot shows that the monsters's HP, attack, and defense are all increased by 20.

> ash monster_hp( $monster[burly] )

Returned: 100
The "correct" - i.e., base - value for the Burly Sidekick's HP is 100.

So far, everything you have shown us is completely consistent with the Burly Sidekick at ML +20; you have shown us no bug. Please do a "modtrace Monster Level" and show us why KoLmafia thinks your ML is boosted by 20. Thanks.

Darzil

Developer
Gah, I am a 100% gold plated idiot !

My spade is in a bloody bee run !

This is indeed 100% consistent with a 20 ML increase applied after the fight has started - The war outfit shows the Attack and Defence before the ML is applied, and the HP after the ML is applied. The B in Burly causes this.

I am stupid, and apologies for wasting peoples time.

Last edited: