Bug - Not A Bug Maximizer suggest gear that I can't wear (due to stats), or is it a Hagnks issue?

Ferdawoon

Yup, seems I fail on many levels tonight..

First I thought Mafia suggested me to use gear I could not use due to not enough stats. However, I looked at the Power stat of an item instead of the req.stat..

Now, I have to ask if this is a Hagnks issue instead. When I use Mafia I tend to always use the Load In Web Browser option and play there. When I go there to Get All from Hagnks, Mafia do not seem to load them properly and I have to log out and log back in to get the inventory properly. Just refreshing is not always enough.

What made me think Maximizer suggested gear I could not wear, and that made me check the req. stats of the items, was this:
Code:
Maximizing...
18600 combinations checked, best score 268.0
Maximizing...
20300 combinations checked, best score 595.0
Pulling items from storage...
Requests complete.

Refreshing stash contents...
Stash list retrieved.
Searching for "depleted grimacite ninja mask"...
Stopped purchasing depleted Grimacite ninja mask @ 210,000.
Using cached search results for depleted Grimacite ninja mask...
Stopped purchasing depleted Grimacite ninja mask @ 210,000.
You need 1 more depleted Grimacite ninja mask to continue.
Requests complete.

You need 1 more super-sweet boom box to continue.
Before doing this Maximizer request I had clicked the Pull All button at Hagnks in the web browser and done one adventure at the Pandamonium.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When I use Mafia I tend to always use the Load In Web Browser option and play there.
Me too. I always "Get All" from the browser. And then I wait for KoLmafia to finish processing - which takes a long time. Having done that, Mafia's view of storage (empty) and inventory (old inventory + old storage) is correct. Every time.

When I go there to Get All from Hagnks, Mafia do not seem to load them properly and I have to log out and log back in to get the inventory properly. Just refreshing is not always enough.
That doesn't make any sense at all. "Refreshing" (you mean from the Item Manager, right? Not from the Sidebar?) goes to KoL and looks at inventory there and makes its internal model match what KoL says.

Of course, if you "refresh" from the green sidebar, that doesn't "refresh" inventory, so we would not expect it to do anything.

Ferdawoon

I use the one at the sidebar. I assumed that Refresh there would be like reloading everything. Familiar lists, store, inventory and all the other things Mafia load as I log in. C'mon. It is a huge refesh button. It must be doing a big refresh =D
But yes, I see that button to refresh the Inventory now.

And yes, I wait until it is done. At least until it is done enough for the browser to change screen into one where the Take All button is no longer there and Mafia no longer say something about processing.
Well, yes I might be wrong and just thinking that Mafia should behave differently. it is not uncommon though, even though I'm not sure I can reproduce it on demand, that after shattering the prism and extracting stuff from Hagnks, items I want to craft dont show up in the list, not some items I want to use either, etc. After restarting Mafia, forcing a reload of the Inventory, it is all there though.

Just as in this case, I asked Maximizer to give me a +item outfit, and instead of saying "Equip" it said "Pull and equip".

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
I guess the pull all request hadn't finished, as I have never seen this problem and there have been no similar reports. Closing.