Feature Maximizer: No "Percent" means no percent!

Bale

Minion
There are two things that the maximizer won't let me maximize for properly because it insists on matching the substring even when it is a perfect match for a search term.

maximize weapon damage
  • Also maximizes for "weapon damage percent" and lists everything that matches either term.
maximize spell damage
  • Also maximizes for "spell damage percent" and lists everything that matches either term.

By contrast when I maximize for spell damage percent (or weapon damage percent) I only get the percentage increasers. I'd really like to be able to search for them separately so I could do something like maximize .2 spell damage, .8 spell damage percent which is currently unweightable.

I hope that this was clear.

I'd suggest leaving maximize spell damage (unmodified) as is, and then using maximize spell damage amount or percent as modifiers (or whatever would be appropriate terms).

Might make sense to have amount and percent keyword modifiers for other things as well, while leaving unmodified keywords to apply both.

psly4mne

You can accomplish what you want by subtracting off the percentage modifier. To achieve what you wrote, you could "maximize .2 spell damage, .6 spell damage percent". I find it useful to automatically include both flat and percentage modifiers, but I don't know whether it is intended behavior.

Bale

Minion
You can accomplish what you want by subtracting off the percentage modifier. To achieve what you wrote, you could "maximize .2 spell damage, .6 spell damage percent". I find it useful to automatically include both flat and percentage modifiers, but I don't know whether it is intended behavior.

Counter-intuitive work-around, but good point. Still, some times I would also like to be able to look at flat increases only. Do you have a work-around for that?

Bale

Minion
Wow. Okay. I still think that the feature is a good idea, but I no longer actually need it.

Thanks, everyone!

Crowther

I always (wrongly) assumed it was like "maximize moxie" so both +amount and +% were considered, but I see that couldn't work, because there's no fixed base to apply the % to.

xKiv

I always (wrongly) assumed it was like "maximize moxie" so both +amount and +% were considered, but I see that couldn't work, because there's no fixed base to apply the % to.

And there really can't, because what you want to maximize is actually "min(base spell damage + myst bonus + bonus spell damage, spell cap)*(100+spell damage percent)". Meaning that sometimes a (+10,+50%) item is better, and other times a (+50,+10%) item is better.