massive lags in mafia

Gen

Okay, i'm at my wits end here.. since today morning, mafia has been running incredibly slow - i'm talking 10min for 3 adventures here. The Lag isn't in KoL, since i can play in a normal pace without mafia.
So far i have:
- deleted Mafia and every file for it and downloaded the newest build(s)
- downloaded a couple of older builds
- downloaded the .exe versions instead of .jar
- de- and reinstalled Java
- deativated every firefox-addon i have
- made a reboot

Of this, nothing has helped at all.
I have no ideas left and was hoping, someone here would have a suggestion or an answer to why this is happening. :/

[edit]
Hah! got it working again.
Just in case someone has the same problems: Some earlier version of the Jave RSE wasn't deinstalled correctly. I searched for a program that ties up such loose ends and bang, problems gone. :)

Last edited:

halfvoid

Oh. What program was that? I might need to run it as well as mafia's been quite laggy for me as well lately.

halfvoid

ended up not using an app. just uninstalled java. reset. then deleted the java folder in my programs files and did a fresh install of java. works much better now.

HippoKing

No problems using Mafia per-se.

it's the logging-in that takes forever; am I the only one?

Mafia does take a comparatively long time to log in because it gets everything about your state. When you log into KoL normally, it just gets the 4 frames you see. When Mafia logs in, it checks everything about you (skills, inventory, gear etc) and caches it to use in the mafia enhanced interface.