Bug - Fixed Main interface moves when clicking on certain buttons

Winterbay

java version: 6.23

I have my Mafia set to remember the size and location of the main window. Currently if I move the interface during the run and then click on "Player Status" or "Equipment Manager" (or another button that switches me to another tab in the main Mafia window) the interface jumps back to where it was when I logged in.

My conclusion of this is that it appears that said preference is only updated when you exit KoL Mafia, but I may have drawn an entirely incorrect conclusion there.

I would expect the interface to stay where it is rather than jump to where it was when I logged in.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I just reproduced this. Windows 7, not that it should have an impact. Key point is that the the window selected by the button needs to be one that is selected as Startup in Tabs otherwise a new window pops up and the Main window stays in place.

Edit: guiUsesOneWindow also seems to be a factor.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Ahh yes, all the things I switched to was things that started up as tabs.

Also for what it's worth the guiUsesOneWindow setting was set to false. Changing it to true made no difference. Logging out (exiting Mafia and restarting) with it set to true had no impact (i.e. the window still moves).

Theraze

Believe that it's an undocumented feature, set using either the gCLI or a text editor...

Winterbay

I think the setting in question is "rememberDesktopSize" which defaults to false.

Edit: Ninjad by Bale while I was logging in to check the preferences :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r10225. I hopefully squashed the incomplete login window and when I went to reproduce this I could not do so. I reverted that fix and could. It makes sense to me that the r10225 fix might address this although I am going to have to dig deeper to actually explain why.

Winterbay

I can confirm that this is not happening any more as of r10227 (well 10225 I guess, but I only tested in 10227).