Main display/tab error.

johnnyrichter

Last night/early this morning, I reformatted my main hard drive to do some problems I was having...and forgot to back up my KoL mafia folder. Needless to say...had to start from scratch with the newest daily build. I ran in to two problems right away...

The first was mafia opening relay browser through IE instead of my shiny new FireFox3. I was able to fix this problem via Hola's sticky thread.

Solution = set preferredWebBrowser=Firefox

The second problem is after login, when the main display loads. It shows me the gCLI, not the adventure display like it use to. The adventure tab is also not amongst the other tabs like it should be. If I go to General>Adventure, it shows the adventure display and places an adventure tab at the end of the row of tabs instead of in the front where it usually was. I checked and re-checked my preferences...in the tabs section, adventure IS in that list at the top. All my options are exactly the way they were before I reformatted.

How do I go about fixing this so the adventure tab is first in that row on the main display, and the adventure display is what I see when kol-mafia finishes its log in process?

I'm currently using daily build(6185), the SAME daily build version I was using prior to the hard drive reformat.

Camber

Because you are starting out fresh, you have also lost all your preferences, including which tabs are displayed.

dangerpin

Yes, Camber, but he said he already went into the Prelogin/General/Preferences/Tabs configuration section and made sure that "adventure" was there and on top in the "startup in tabs" column. Normally that is all that is needed to fix your tab layout.