mafia demanding chef

I have a dramatic range. I have the ingredients to cook. And I'm pretty sure mafia did it yesterday with no problem, but today it's giving me this error.
Code:
Verifying ingredients for Hell ramen (1)...
Verifying ingredients for Hell broth (1)...
(usable quantity of chef-in-the-box is limited to 0 by bees)
Auto-repair was unsuccessful.

It just made (and ate) Pumpkin pie with no problem; Hell ramen, however, does this. No preferences scream out to me as a quick fix. What do I do?

Nope.

EDIT: Well, I decided that being absolutely lazy and worthless until I find a solution was probably not the best idea, so I typed "/cook hell ramen" and KoL had no problem crafting it.

Though now I'm left wondering why mafia suddenly decided it -needed- not to spend my turns.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
> get autoRepairBoxServants

... is what controls whether KoLmafia will automatically repair - or install, if you have none - a chef or bartender.

Set it to false and it will not do that.

Cool, thanks. Any reason that setting would change (or simply the functionality not kick in) from one day to the next? I just checked my logs and I did indeed have one yesterday. Can't verify that I used the item manager (can I?) but I'm fairly certain I did all my eating with it.

roippi

Developer
the default setting for autoRepairBoxServants is false, so you would have had to set it to true at some point.

The reason it kicked in for hell ramen and not pumpkin pie is that the former requires turns to craft, and the latter does not.

the default setting for autoRepairBoxServants is false, so you would have had to set it to true at some point.

The reason it kicked in for hell ramen and not pumpkin pie is that the former requires turns to craft, and the latter does not.

Is there an option in the preferences that would toggle that that I may have clicked? I'm pretty sure I would remember typing "set autoRepairBoxServants=true".