Bug - Fixed Lost fortune cookie counters overnight

Ethelred

This morning I did my normal daily upgrade (via "ant daily") and upgraded from r11720 to r11725. After running a couple of chars, I noticed that nobody seemed to have forunte cookie counters set, although I always eat another cookie after getting my semi-rare. So before logging in my last char, I checked the session log from yesterday to verify that he had eaten a fortune cookie after the last semi-rare (which he had) and checked for a fortune cookie counter after logging in. No joy. Somehow my fortune cookie counter was lost overnight or as a result of the upgrade. Anybody else experiencing this problem? Any chance that any of the recent changes regarding counters could have caused this?

Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Did you check to see if any other settings were lost? Fortune cookie counters would just be the first thing to stand out, but loss of all of your settings seems more likely.

The recent changes shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Ethelred

Did you check to see if any other settings were lost? Fortune cookie counters would just be the first thing to stand out, but loss of all of your settings seems more likely.

The recent changes shouldn't have anything to do with this.

All other settings seem to be working fine. I was only able to verify on one char that counters were set which did not show up today, but counters were lost on at least 4 others. Also, after finishing that char, I noted the fortune cookie counter, logged out, logged back in, and checked the counter. It was still set and ok. At least it's not something happening consistently on r11725. Which, of course, makes it much harder to actually figure out what happened. If no one else is experiencing this, I'll just chalk it up to a minor foreshadowing of the end of the world, which is scheduled for later today.

Last edited:

Theraze

My last character has been losing them nightly for most of the advent season. It's actually led to my stopping farming semirares for this month... Appears to be related to running exit rather than logging out and then closing the gui.

roippi

Developer
I'll revert r11725 until I can figure out what's going on.

edit: oh, maybe that was unnecessary?

edit2: might have a cause. API hit does

Code:
			KoLCharacter.setAscensions( ascensions );

so that has to happen before trying to reset counters, or then resetCounters runs this block:

Code:
		if ( ascensions != 0 && knownAscensions != -1 && knownAscensions != ascensions )
		{
			Preferences.setInteger( "knownAscensions", ascensions );
			ValhallaManager.resetPerAscensionCounters();
			shouldResetCounters = true;
		}

where resetPerAscensionCounters() will reset fortune cookie counters. And some other stuff. So yeah I think r11725 caused this; KoLMafia.java is a very.. delicate piece of code, it can be difficult to work on things in there. Apologies.

Last edited: