logout time

fianor

Am I missing the setting for how long it takes the forum to log us out? I commonly am reading a thread or taking far too long to compose my thoughts on a reply to a post only to be told I'm not logged in when I hit post.

Is this a user setting or a forum setting? If it's user can someone please tell me where to find the setting to fix it, if this is a forum setting will you please either up the time ... a lot ... or better yet just turn it off. I'm really not even sure why the forum has a timed log off.

Theraze

The setting is when you log in, you tell it to keep you logged in. If you tell the server to log you out by not selecting that, then the server is doing exactly what you tell it to...

fianor

I guess I'm missing something then. I see the "remember me" check box, but I do not see a keep me logged in option anywhere

Ethelred

"Remember Me" is the correct one. Wasn't at all obvious to me that that's what that setting did either until someone recently told me to use it.

fianor

Ah, ok thanks, most forums I've been on that box only remembered user/pass for you, there was usually also a "Keep me logged in" setting somewhere.