"Limit" mallsell wildcard option?

Raven434

Hi,

Is there a way from the CLI, to change all of my existing mall store items to have a limit of '5 per day', etc?

I looked at the "limit" command and am not sure I can do it with that very easily.

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
God, I hope not. People who put limits on their mall sales are d*cks and idi*ts. Why do they want to make it painful for their buyers and also make less Meat?

IMHO.

Raven434

I had a big inventory cleaning and wanted to limit some of the items rather than some mallbot just snapping them up...

Theraze

Meh, meat is meat. Unless you're trying to feed out items to newbies, why would you try to limit the meat influx on a junk-purge?

roippi

Developer
You can either write your own wrapper in ASH that uses visit_url or you can use the mall manager GUI and click the items individually. ASH does not provide any native functionality for working with limits (nor will it).

Theraze

So think about what newbies actually want. And set it so they can get them at a nice price. But limiting everything or a wide swath of items...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I apologize for the insult. But let me tell you a story:

One of my characters collects an item.
Some fool decides to put hundreds of that item into the mall with a 5/day limit. Note: this is an item of interest only to collectors; it has absolutely no game relevance whatsoever.
For the past 2 months, I have bought 5 of the item per day from his store.
During that interval, precisely 3 others have been sold from his stock, one per day.

I would have been perfectly willing to buy his whole inventory in one go at double the asking price.
Instead, I have had to visit his store 60 separate times to - still - not finish cleaning him out.

Does he think that if I visit his store, I will be tempted to buy other things? No; I never visit his store - or any store. I do not want to see pages and pages of overpriced junk.
Oh, but maybe he is FORCING me to visit his store. No; I use the KoLmafia Purchases tab for this specific item - but even if I were visiting in the Relay Browser, KoLmafia helpfully provides "buy" links from the Search Results page for stores that disable them.
Perhaps I should send him a note, politely asking if he'd sell out his whole stock? Last time I did something like that, I got a note with obscenities and was added to the guy's ignore list.

The "store limit" feature should be dragged out behind the barn and shot.

Bah.

Bale

Minion
Perhaps I should send him a note, politely asking if he'd sell out his whole stock? Last time I did something like that, I got a note with obscenities and was added to the guy's ignore list.

Ouch. That's unpleasant. Tell me which item and which player. I'll make him the offer and if he is reasonable about it, I'll pass the items on to you for my cost. That way if it goes south I'll be the one getting put on the ignore list, instead of you, so there's no risk of losing the status quo.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
He only has 13 of them left. I have three days to go. Thanks for the offer, though. :)

Edit: Ah - you mean the guy who baleeted me. That was over a year ago. His inventory has long since been recycled through who knows what; he is no longer an issue. Thanks again, though.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I meant the former, but I would have been willing to try my luck with the later also.

Next time you get stuck in a place like that, feel free to ask me and I'll risk getting baleeted since it's no big deal to me.