kolmafia.us has issues with Safari

Banana Lord

My web browser of choice is Safari, but of late I've been having to use Firefox to post and edit posts on these forums because any carriage returns I insert in Safari do not show up once a post has been submitted. I'm assuming this has something to do with the Mac \r Vs. Windows \n? Regardless, is there a way to fix this (server side or my side) or am I stuck with FF?

matt.chugg

As far as i'm aware this is a semi known issue with tinymce and safari specifically webkit js and dom (the vb forum has a couple of threads mentioning safari wysiwyg support), try turning off advanced editing features.

Login, goto settings, select general settings (on the left) scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and try a different editor setting.

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Banana Lord

Thanks Matt! Assuming the

line breaks

in this post come out as expected, everything seems back to normal!

EDIT: Worked like a charm, thanks again :)

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yep it's a known issue, it'll get fixed eventually. Hopefully in the next version of vBulletin that comes out.