Feature - Rejected KGE and

exactor it

Is there a way to get mafia to not change out of the KGE outfit when running through a bunch of buff commands? I'm guessing this may not be possible. (Well except for if I remembered to equip the KGE outfit myself before buffing.)

What may be more realistic is for mafia to not change outfits before checking if the seltzer it bought is enough to cast the buff I want. The constant changing of outfits really eats time. It would be cool if the reverting to back-up only occured after the mana for that buff was actually restored.

So instead of:
<cast annoy>
equipping KGE
Buying 2 seltzer
equipping backup
using seltzer
equipping KGE
buying 1 seltzer
using 1 seltzer
equipping backup
casting Ur-Kels...

It would go
<cast Annoy>
Equipping KGE
buying 2 seltzer
using 2 seltzer
buying 1 seltzer
using 1 seltzer
equipping backup.
casting Ur-kels...

Saves a few server hits and saves the user time.

Bale

Minion
He means that it should change into the KGE when it needs to purchase seltzer, then stay in the outfit until the entire selection of moods has been buffed. Only then will it re-equip the original outfit. Right now, it will restore MP for each buff, switch into KGE for each one and reverting to backup after each buff, as in his example.

Theraze

From looking that does appear to be somewhat difficult to do, being that it uses a special implicit internal checkpoint system. Though it could fairly easily (I think) be set to delay switching back until after the usage is done... same as Aria... They're both using the same implicit bits, it's just that Seltzer switches back immediately after purchase, and Aria waits...

That does appear to be what he's asking for... let me try to work that up as a patch.

Theraze

Okay, here's a patch that delays switching back out of KGE until after you've used the Seltzers... it might still switch back to original and immediately go to KGE, but it should be a bit more efficient now... Let me know if it's still wrong, and I'll look into it some more.

Edit: From looking at things, there's really no way to do this fully besides over-restoring mp by telling it that seltzers only restore 8 (low range) every time... That would indeed guarantee that you wouldn't keep switching back and forth. I'd suggest that patch over the outfit delay patch, I think...

Edit2: The SeltzerRestores patch changes the value of a seltzer for restore to 8 mp, its minimum, instead of 10, its average. This means that you might slightly over-restore, but if you aren't restoring to full using seltzers, it shouldn't be too much of a money waster, and you won't get these repeated outfit swaps. I don't suggest this becomes a part of the main system, because it's technically wrong, but it may be useful for people who get annoyed by these swaps.

Attachments

• DelaySeltzerOutfit.patch
    869 bytes · Views: 18
  • SeltzerRestores.patch
    826 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
If the original outfit isn't restored before using the items, then the benefits of any MP increasing equipment would be lost. This could result in seltzer being completely wasted, if MP is being restored to a level that you had only because of such equipment.

Theraze

Both of those patches MAY end up in MP being wasted... With the outfit patch, as with the way items are used, it would likely shift out immediately after using the seltzer and still do just as many shifts as without, just using them pre-shifting back, giving a slightly higher chance of an infinite MP-wasting loop if you're trying to restore to 100% MP. With the 8-restoration patch, if you're going full (again), you're going to over-heal. If you're just using the 8-restoration patch though and just using enough seltzers to cast your buffs, while it will slightly over-heal, it shouldn't be a major thing, and you won't end up with the same amount of outfit swaps. However, if you just heal mp to forty or fifty percent normally, the 8-restoration may be useful for you...

Theraze

Yeah... the direct problem is fixed. The extended problem of switching to travoltan trousers and back and repeatedly buying more restoratives because it's dropped below the restoration target, I believe, still exists... but that's a different bug report with its own thread and the same basic issue. :)