Itznotyerzitz Mine Issue

Turtle Juice

I've got Unaccompanied Miner permed, so I head into the mine in a softcore run to try for my free 5 hits at an ore ... however the dig sign from mafia on the black chunk of rock spaces doesn't allow me to see if it is glittering or not.

Is there a way to turn those off?

Thanks.
TJ

Edit: this should probably be in community support, sorry - can someone move it?

StDoodle

Minion
The Dig decoration means mafia detects that square as one that may contain special stuff you'd want to dig... Ie it replaces the sparkles with "DIG."

StDoodle

Minion
To be clear, that's my impression; however, this feature has never worked for me for some reason, and I see the mine in the relay browser as it appears in KoL without mafia, so I'm not 100% on this. I do kinda wonder why this particular feature has never worked for me... *shrug*.

jasonharper

Developer
The likely reason why you wouldn't be getting the DIG signs instead of the hard-to-see sparkles is that you've got a cached version of the images that predates this change. Within mafia's data folder, go to images/mine and delete the five wallsparkle#.gif files.

Another possibility: if you use Greasemonkey, I believe there's a script that makes the sparkling squares more visible by reducing the delay between sparks. It's possible that this isn't playing well with mafia's image change.