Bug - Cannot Reproduce IOException during data post

Asinine

I seem to be getting this error a lot; usually once it appears Mafia heads quickly on a downward spiral to repeating (adventure.php?snarfblat=xx) (xx depending on where I'm trying to adventure, mostly 122: the Oasis) over and over, occasionally finishing the fight:
Request 49 of 66 (Beach: Oasis in the Desert) in progress...
IOException during data post (adventure.php?snarfblat=122).

Other ones I get are:
(fight.php?ireallymeanit=1331538272)
(fight.php?action=macro&macrotext=%0A%0A%0Amark+mafiafinal%0Aattack%0Agoto+mafiafinal)

It often pops up during breakfast, and I can hardly search the mall without encountering it.

This all started with r10733, and so I've been updating with the various options that have been released since, but nothing improved. I updated java, in hopes that maybe that was the issue, but with no luck.

Everything was fine before I updated to r10733; I typically check on new updates 1-2 times a month. I have no experience with java, so I'm pretty much clueless. Any help?

Last edited:

Asinine

Sigh. it seems that another program apparently didn't close properly or I've got something weird crawling around my system. I rebooted, and now Mafia works just fine.

So I guess I get to go play doctor and figure what went wrong. It appears that Mafia and Java are doing just fine. Sorry!