Bug - Not A Bug Hotkeys no longer seem to work

As of 10246 for sure, I am unable to press a number assigned to a hotkey after a combat and have it activate. I have not changed browsers or anything, so this new behaviour has just occurred for me. The buttons are still assigned. Any thoughts?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hotkeys are activated if:

- you do not have KoL's CAB activated
- you do have KoLmafia stationary buttons activated (Preferences/Browser -> "Add custom buttons to the top of fight pages")

Did you just enable the CAB or disable KoLmafia's combat buttons?

Neither, actually. I just tried various states of each setting to no avail. And when I press a button, all it seems to do is activate the search feature. I tried to disable search when I type, but that didn't help. Honestly, though, I just remembered that on the weekend I updated from Pale Moon (awesome Firefox build!!!) x64 8.01 to x64 9.01, but I am sure it worked after that. I am guessing it is a Pale Moon issue, unless there is something else I can try. I swear, Occifer Veraticky, I don't know where the goat came from, and I don't know what else I did. ;)

P.S.-For those of you who are question Occifer Veraticky, it was a drunk joke. Just smile and nod. ;)

Hotkeys are activated if:

- you do not have KoL's CAB activated
- you do have KoLmafia stationary buttons activated (Preferences/Browser -> "Add custom buttons to the top of fight pages")

Did you just enable the CAB or disable KoLmafia's combat buttons?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just tried this.

I set hot key 9 to be "attack".
I started a battle.
I hit "9"
KoLmafia issued an attack.
I set hot key 9 to be empty
I started a battle.
I hit "9".
KoLmafia submitted nothing.

I see no bug. There has been no change to KoLmafia's hot key support for years. And you now say that you DID change your browser.

I think this is an issue with your browser, not KoLmafia.

You are correct, as I can do it in IE. Sorry for the post. If anyone ends up finding a solution for this, I would greatly appreciate it (and no, switching browsers or to an Apple product are not solutions...).