help with goals/choice adventure settings for spooky temple

I'm guessing this is already handled in some way/shape/form but I havent been able to figure it out. I've got the Spooky Forest goal set for the 1 spooky sapling, 1 Spooky Temple map, 1 Spooky-Gro fertilizer choice, but the Choice Advs tab doesn't seem to progress along with me as one of the items is acquired. I thought the goal would override the choice adventures setting but it obviously isn't, at least for me, so I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Theraze

Choice adventure tab doesn't display the changes, it just changed what choices it makes as the adventure comes up during auto-adventuring...

Choice adventure tab doesn't display the changes, it just changed what choices it makes as the adventure comes up during auto-adventuring...

If that's the case then unless I'm mistaken it isn't working. I am 99% sure that after I got one of the items the choice adventure continued to follow the choice listed on the Choice Adv (yielding me nothing) even though I still needed one of the other items. I'll wait til next time around and double check (unless someone else notices the same behavior) and will post it as a bug if it happens again.

Theraze

Well, if you have it continue to happen, be sure to paste in the actual gCLI results so we can see how it happens...

hi, i'm back with a copy of the gCLI output as this happened to me again. you'll see it happens twice. the goal is set however the choice advs tab is set to "mosquito larva or spooky mushrooms".

gCLI said:
Condition added: spooky sapling
spooky sapling
Condition added: Spooky Temple map
spooky sapling
Spooky Temple map
Condition added: Spooky-Gro fertilizer
spooky sapling
Spooky Temple map
Spooky-Gro fertilizer
Requests complete.

Request 1 of 8 (Woods: Spooky Forest) in progress...

[220] Spooky Forest
Encounter: spooky mummy
Strategy: C:\Program Files (x86)\KolMafia\ccs\maximillian the red.ccs [default]
Round 0: maximillian the red wins initiative!
Round 1: maximillian the red executes a macro!
Round 1: maximillian the red casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: maximillian the red wins the fight!
Your familiar gains a pound: Winston, the 14 lb. Mad Hatrack
You gain 15 Meat
You acquire an item: spooky shrunken head
You gain 10 Strongness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 7 Enchantedness
You gain 11 Chutzpah

Request 2 of 8 (Woods: Spooky Forest) in progress...

[221] Spooky Forest
Encounter: spooky vampire
Strategy: C:\Program Files (x86)\KolMafia\ccs\maximillian the red.ccs [default]
Round 0: maximillian the red wins initiative!
Round 1: maximillian the red executes a macro!
Round 1: maximillian the red casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: maximillian the red wins the fight!
You gain 7 Meat
You gain 4 Strengthliness
You gain 16 Wizardliness
You gain 9 Smarm

Request 3 of 8 (Woods: Spooky Forest) in progress...

[222] Spooky Forest
Encounter: Arboreal Respite
Encounter: Consciousness of a Stream
You acquire spooky mushroom (3)

Request 4 of 8 (Woods: Spooky Forest) in progress...

[223] Spooky Forest

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
the goal is set however the choice advs tab is set to "mosquito larva or spooky mushrooms".

Request 3 of 8 (Woods: Spooky Forest) in progress...

[222] Spooky Forest

Request 4 of 8 (Woods: Spooky Forest) in progress...

[223] Spooky Forest
Isn't that exactly what you told it to do?

In answer to your original note:

I've got the Spooky Forest goal set for the 1 spooky sapling, 1 Spooky Temple map, 1 Spooky-Gro fertilizer choice, but the Choice Advs tab doesn't seem to progress along with me as one of the items is acquired.

I thought the goal would override the choice adventures setting but it obviously isn't
You thought wrong. That's not a bad feature request - adding a "acquire goals" setting to the Choice Adventure and having KoLmafia pick an "appropriate" set of choices to get one of your goals when you get the choice - but that's not how it works now. As coded, it works for getting one goal at a time: either you choose what you next want in the Choice Adventure and adventure until it gets it, or a script can set the choice adventures to get an item and we automatically tweak them to deal with changing circumstances (don't get a tree-holed coin if you already have one, get a spooky temple map instead, for example.)

Well I thought this because that's what someone else in this thread said would happen or at least how I interpreted their answer. I agree that in the choice adventures if we had a "acquire goals" as an option that looked at what you needed from your set goal and got one of them that this would be ideal and that's what I planned to suggest when i first inquired. I'd be happy to enter the feature request if you're inclined to consider it for implementation.

i went ahead and opened it as a feature request. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited: