Help please! My relay browser is well and truly effed up!

xKiv

Mafia-less (vanilla) kol works?

Does it work if you disable greasemonkey?
Do you have noscript or adblock?
Does anything change if you use different browser?

What *is* in your relay directory?
What's in your CLI when this happens (or console, if you can see that)?
Do you have master relay override? (I don't know much about that)

For a drastic approach, try it from a fresh install of mafia (different directory)?

Troo

Okay:

Yes, logging directly into KoL works fine.

Using Mafia without the relay browser also seems to work fine [but I'm not good at it, which is why I always use the relay browser except for automating boring turns].

Note that I am using the .jar files; mafia.exe has been broken for me since spring, but last week, Phazic talked me through fixing it and I've successfully used the .jars since then, until this problem suddenly happened! I'm guessing one of my Preferences f*cked it up? But I can't figure out how, and there doesn't seem to be a default I can reset it to!

This is what's in my relay folder: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/5stci.jpg

There's nothing unusual in my CLI, afaik [it doesn't, like, *tell* me there's a broken relay browser or anything].

The following have not fixed the problem:

- restarting the computer
- removing Greasemonkey and restarting Firefox
- using an earlier build, before the problem started
- downloading the latest build, putting it in a completely new directory, and logging in from scratch

I *do* have both NoScript and AdBlock, but they haven't changed, and both had already been set to allow mafia without incident. Disabling them both... has fixed the problem.

W.T.F. :mad:

Ok, but I *like* having NoScript and AdBlock, so now what?!?

xKiv

If your NoScript is set to block 127.0.0.1, unblock that.

When I had 127.0.0.1 disabled, the game itself was still playable. Just chit and chat were broken.
Can Adblock be set to block *everything* from 127.0.0.1?

Theraze

When I had 127.0.0.1 disabled, the game itself was still playable. Just chit and chat were broken.
Can Adblock be set to block *everything* from 127.0.0.1?

Yes, if you've set it that way. But you can easily test if it's AdBlock by telling it not to block anything on the displayed page... or completely avoid blocking 127.0.0.1 by telling it not to block anything on the site/domain. In Chrome with AdBlock Plus, you do that by left-clicking on the ABP icon. In Firefox with ABP, you left click on the ABP icon and Open blockable items. If anything is in red, that's currently being blocked...