Help, Mafia quit on me.

Pinky

I have used mafia for a while now. Recently I have mostly used 6042 because it has yet to have anything negative happen in it, so I haven't felt the need to upgrade.

I am running the .jar version on a mac. It has run fine for a while now. Then two days ago (Sat) it stopped.

Now I can go through the login request phase, and get an almost immediate error/debug log print.

I don't know where Mafia dumps the debug logs on the Mac or I would put that here too.

It makes it far enough into the login phase that if I try to login in Firefox it tells me to wait 60 seconds.

Any information would help.

dangerpin

If you are going to use the daily builds then you might want to get in the habit of downloading the latest build in the event of sudden problems, at least for troubleshooting. I believe this was fixed in 6109 and forward. 6125, today's daily looks like it is chock full of update goodness, give 'er a try.

Pinky

I am still trying to get mafia to work again on the mac. I have tried multiple recent versions of the daily builds, and still get as far as logging in and an unexpected error.

I see the validating login server... sending login request... unexpected error debug log printed.

And that is it.

Where does mafia put the debug log on a mac? I cannot find it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The debug log should be right there in the same folder with kolmafia.

Have you tried a completely new folder for Kolmafia to reside in yet?

Be sure Kolmafia has read/write access to the folder it resides in also.

Pinky

I tried a new folder. One on the desktop, and one located on the Hard Drive. Neither worked.

Also there is no debug log showing up. Although with the new folder the first thing I noticed was that prior to opening Mafia the first thing it did was create a copy of Mafia in the same folder.

How do I change Mafia's permissions? It shows me as having both read/write permission, but I cannot find a listing of Mafia's permissions.

It worked fine for quite a while, and I never did anything that I know of to change Mafia's permissions.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
On a mac, there's a reasonable chance that the files associated with mafia are NOT in the same folder as the program. Are the settings, data, etc. folders being created there? If not, you should be looking in ~/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia.

Pinky

Thank you I will look there in the morning. Hopefully the debug log will be helpful.

Is there any way to get mafia to dump all of the pertinent information in the same folder as mafia?