GUI for customizable items

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By which I mean sticker weapons, card sleeve, and over-the-shoulder folder holder.

You can add stickers to a sticker weapon. You can tear off existing stickers.
You can add a folder to the Folder Holder. You can remove (discard) existing folders.
You can put cards into a card sleeve and remove them.

Sticker weapons are one-handed weapons.
Card sleeve is an offhand item.
Folder Holder is an accessory.

When loaded up, all of these affect your modifiers in various ways.

We should look at each of these when you log in - and update as needed when you do various things. Fortunately, stickers and the card sleeve are in api.php. I have a bug report in to get that for folders, too.
The modifier Maximizer could/should know what you have loaded into these items and suggest them, if appropriate.

And we should have a GUI to allow you to manage these items. Stickers are in the Gear Changer - whether or not you have a sticker weapon equipped. Should the card sleeve and Folder Holder go there too? If so, it seems like the Gear Changer is getting big with all sorts of extra stuff which is not always relevant. (That includes stickers, for me, since I have never bothered to use them.) If not in the Gear Changer, where?

Thoughts?

Theraze

Maybe a button on the Gear Changer to launch a new panel for Customized Gear, but which could also be a panel in its own right? This allows for future KoL expansions that will need their own additions/removals in the future without bloating the interface for new players (or those who can't afford current mall prices) or people who just choose not to use them.

roippi

Developer
That or collapsable widgets, which would probably need to listen to gear swaps and update accordingly. This would require a massive overhaul of the layout since the layout manager it uses now pre-computes a GridLayout and locks everything into place.

Dropping the gear changer into a CardLayout and giving it tabs is almost certainly the easier approach, and possibly cleaner/more reusable.