Bug - Not A Bug Fuzzy matching not actually ambiguous.

Never seen this problem before, but noticed it today when I logged in.
ash to_location("barrr"); returns
Code:
barrrney's barrr
barrrney's barrr
Multiple matches against barrr.

Not sure if there are any other places (not strictly "locations") this could occur (though I'm sure at least one exists) but it seems to me that even if this is a niche case that isn't exactly the right behavior for the matching magic.

EDIT: Changed it to Barrrney's and still got the error. My mafia must just think there are two locations with the same name then. Now to track that down.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Code:
> ash to_location("barrr");

Returned: Barrrney's Barrr
nocombats => false
zone => Island
parent => Island
parentdesc => Mysterious Island
bounty => none
Does it still happen if you restart Mafia?

update clear and restart fixed it.

On a similar note: approximately how difficult/undesirable would it be to have a way to allow mafia to update all the internal data files without requiring a restart? Would make it easy on me when I update mafia and the new version erases some overrides and then I have to replace the override and restart.

Theraze

Update clear only deletes the overrides you've created... it doesn't do anything to the internal data files. So... how are you planning on having it "update the internal data files without requiring a restart" since it never updates those internal data files?

You creating bad overrides is a you problem, not a mafia problem. :D

Well, in this case my override data files weren't the problem (different instance of mafia, no overrides, especially not one for locations) but something weird happened out of my command. And, assuming in the future it is something that I cause and want to undo, update clear still requires a restart (instead of handling it inline) but what I was actually asking for was a way to add an override file -after- mafia's been initialized (or modifying one) and then somehow forcing mafia to reload that data while still running. I can see this being problematic for a running script with typed constants, but aside from that (probably major) caveat, I know I would find it super useful.