"Fun" House automation outfit goal

Currently, the only built-in goals for the "Fun" House are 1 box, and 20 empty greasepaint tubes. It's odd that the greasepaint tubes are still a goal, since according to the wiki they haven't been in the game since 2014, but it doesn't really matter. What's more problematic is that the clown outfit required to fight the clownlord isn't a goal. Why is this the case? The maximizer can check for "clownosity," so I know Mafia recognizes what pieces of equipment are required, and how much you need, and "outfit" is the default goal for the eXtreme slope, so I know Mafia can stop adventuring when it detects you've gained the required equipment to progress to the next part of a quest. Why isn't "100% clownosity" a goal for the "Fun" House?

Also, sorry if I'm making too many threads and/or posts lately. 😅

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You can always override the suggested goal by typing in your own goal. mafia's goals are ones that are or were once commonly used and someone cared enough to add them.

You might try using "outfit" as a goal. If not then "Terrifying Clown Suit". I know mainstat <value> can be a goal so "clownosity 5" might work although the number might need to be 100.

Basically the built in goals are there because someone asked for a goal to be built in and no one thought the proposed goal was a "bad" one. Since the goals can be overwritten by the user it hasn't been a big deal.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You want 100% clowniness in order to confront Beelzebozo.
Items that drop normally provide 25%.
You can craft items that provide 50%.
You can pickpocket an item which provides 75%.

Goals are able to craft ingredients into a desired result. Adventure in The Hole in the Sky looking for Richard's star key and it will make one for you, once you have the ingredients. (Used to do the same for a digital key in the 8-Bit Realm, but aside from that no longer being a recipe, that is no longer an adventuring area.)

Crafting clowniness items is not handled well, currently.

For example, if you have 1 clown skin and 1 big red nose (0% and 25% clowniness) you can smith a clownskin belt (2 clowniness)
If you have 1 clown skin and resources to smith a basic meat helmet, you can smith a clown wig (2 clowniness)

If you have a clown skin and a big red nose and ask the Maximizer to get 100% clowniness, allowing crafting, it will say you can do it by creating and wearing both items, even though you don't actually have the ingredients to make both items.

Even if we let you set a goal of "4 clownosity" or "100 clowniness", what does that mean?
You have adventured enough to have 4 25% items in inventory?
You could craft items with stuff you found that adds up to 100%?
You get "clowniness" when you wear items. Do you expect fulfilling the goal to equip stuff for you?

The Wiki is not currently responding, but according to bounties.txt, "empty greasepaint tube" is a current "easy" bounty.
We also have suggested goals that used to be semirare items but now require you to be Lucky!

I'd venture that our "suggested" goals are pretty stale, by now.
And some are just weird.

The Upper Chamber has "10 crumbling wooden wheel"
The Middle Chamber has "10 tomb ratchet"

Well, I guess, if you insist on having just one kind of Control Room item - even though you are likely to have gotten some of each before you open the Control Room.

I literally never automate turns while in-run, so I almost never use goals. Those times that I do - in aftercore - I enter what I want, rather than depending on preset "suggested goals".

But, there is no one size fits all way for KoLmafia to help you play this game.

I think that making "clowniness" or "clownosity" an automation goal has too many problems.
Perhaps a script would do it for you.

Wow, yeah, I hadn't considered all that. Thanks very much for the detailed reply, that helps illustrate how complex a situation it is. I guess it's simpler just to adventure manually and keep track of what drops, and remember what you can craft into what.

The wiki is also down for me currently, but that's odd about the greasepaint tubes. I'll check around, probably ask in-game if anyone's had those as a bounty item recently, and if it turns out they're still valid then I'll fix the wiki so it doesn't say the content is retired.