Bug - Fixed Fullness counter increments when /eat fails - in AoJ

I imagine this may have already been reported, but I couldn't easily track it down, so I figured better to duplicate than to leave it unsolved.

I'm in AoJ, and today after creating 1 Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, I attempted to /eat 2 ultimate breakfast sandwich in the relay browser. I was reminded of my mistake with the "You only have 1 of those, not 2" message. However, after creating another Sandwich and /eat-ing again, Mafia shows my fullness as 28/15 (when it should be 14/15). Looks like the failed /eat got counted anyway.

FullnessErrorAoJ.jpg

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
I'm guessing you have KoL's "unfunny" fullness display turned off, which fixes issues like this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I also have chosen to not opt-in to that non-default setting.

We should do the right thing even if you don't opt-in to something which is not the default in base KoL itself....

roippi

Developer
I also have chosen to not opt-in to that non-default setting.

We should do the right thing even if you don't opt-in to something which is not the default in base KoL itself....

Sure, I agree.

In this specific case, turning on that "unfunny" line in the character pane also adds a "you gain x Fullness" message to consumption. Which is pretty useful. I recently changed EatItemRequest.parseConsumption() to skip changing fullness if we see the gain fullness message, and instead handle it in ResultProcessor. So basically even eating unknown-to-mafia items should be properly tracked with that feature on.

Here.. is the issue that this is an error message that we don't know how to handle? I've never seen "You only have x of those, not y", but then again I never use chat commands. That message means that no consumption took place at all?

edit: I've realized I don't know much about how we handle chat commands in general. I'll.. look into it, I guess.

Last edited:
I just had this happen again, in non-AoJ (specifically, in aftercore Sauceror).

This time, I was trying to /eat beefy fish meat from the relay browser. Same basic problem as the original: didn't have as many as I tried to /eat; got a "You only have X of those, not Y" message; fullness was incremented anyway.

And for reference, I do have KoL's native "unfunny" fullness counter on.

UnfunnyFullnessOption.jpg

Just bumping this issue since it's still occurring. (This happens even with the "unfunny" fullness display turned on.)

Can Mafia be made to recognize "You only have X of those, not Y" and avoid incrementing fullness in that case?

Darzil

Developer
r14562 recognises this. Nothing is eaten and fullness is not incremented.

The code for drinking and spleening does not have this issue (I suspect drinking only succeeds if drunk changes somewhere, and spleen is checked by chat in KoL).