Forum Autologout Problem

Ethelred

I'm having a problem getting autologged out by the forum software while I'm trying to create a submission. While I'm editing my post, the forum software decides to log me out without any indication that I notice. Then when I try to submit my post, it tells me I'm not logged in and eats the post. Sometimes I can get it back by using the back button in the broswer, sometimes not. Is there anyway to change the default timeout? I've looked in my settings and can't find one.

Last edited:
It's called "Remember Me?" and is situated just under the username box when you log in.

It is my experience that Remember Me boxen just cause the login fields to be filled in upon return, possibly even logging in again. If/when I clear my cookies (for instance, shutting down and re-opening my browser) will I still be logged in?

I was hoping there was a mystical button that just avoided the 15 or so-odd minute inactivity timer.

Winterbay

Well, if you clear your cookies it will not keep you logged in sine it is most likely a cookie... :)

I've never had a problem getting logged out when that box has been ticked while logging in. And remembering of name and password sounds more like a browser feature than the forum.