Bug - Fixed Fortune Cookie Not Recording

Snazz

I'm currently in an AoB run, and for the second day in a row Mafia has not recognized my fortune cookie. In the CLI it reads:
You acquire an item: fortune cookie
You spent 40 Meat
You gain 3 Adventures
You gain 1 Fullness
You lose some of an effect: Song of the Glorious Lunch
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

Debug logs for each instance are attached.
View attachment DEBUG_20120701.txt
View attachment DEBUG_20120630.txt

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't know about the second cookie you ate yesterday, but the cookie from today and the first one from yesterday ran into a condition that only generates an error with Java 7 (according to this, first block with IllegalArgumentException).

Catch-22

How can I do that? Is it a setting I should set in preferences?

I think lostcalpolydude is just letting anyone who reads this thread know that it's an error that only occurs with Java 7. I don't know if he's suggesting you downgrade to Java 6, but I'm also using Java 7 and I don't see this error message.

Can you confirm what version of Java you're actually using?

roippi

Developer
Essentially java is telling us that the collection was modified while we were sorting it. I originally added a synchronization block around there to try and stop multiple sort methods from interfering with one another, but it looks like it's not two sort methods - rather, a sort and something else that's not synchronized.

Also, this seemingly only happens with glorious lunch and fortune cookies, for anyone trying to reproduce it.

try r11229?

Catch-22

try r11229?

I haven't looked into this, but I'm getting a warning from the compiler with this patch.

Code:
    [javac] Note: ../kolmafia/lib/net/java/dev/spellcast/utilities/LockableListModel.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

Last edited: