@fewyn (or anyone else with enough access)

matt.chugg

When using a browser with a mobile useragent, the wiki 'seems' to be redirecting to wikipedia's mobile version. Not a major problem granted, and I only noticed because I forgot to switch firefox back after some work related testing but it seems unusual behaviour.

Edit: Although thinking about it, its probably normal behaviour, for having a mobile version of a wiki, it just seems to not be set right!

Consider it more of a heads up!

Hmm, i've done it again, someone feel free to give this a more useful thread title.

Theraze

Yeah... if you were just targetting this to fewyn, you could have sent it as a private message. :D Y'know.

Theraze

But your message title didn't even say that about having administrative access to the forum server... it just put out "with enough access" as a generic sort of thing. Enough for what? :) Clear when you read the message, but anyone not fewyn who is in a hurry isn't going to read this unless they're just trying to make it leave from the "What's New?" page.

Anyways, the issue as you described sounds like it's working the way it should... mobile browser agents get redirected to mobile version of wiki. Is that not what's happening?

matt.chugg

hence: Hmm, i've done it again, someone feel free to give this a more useful thread title.

Anyways, the issue as you described sounds like it's working the way it should... mobile browser agents get redirected to mobile version of wiki. Is that not what's happening?

redirecting to wikipedia's mobile version

The mobile version of wikipedia.com

Theraze

So basically, instead of getting our wiki, you get mobile.wikipedia.org or something like that? Sort of awesome in a bugged sense then. :)

matt.chugg

So basically, instead of getting our wiki, you get mobile.wikipedia.org or something like that? Sort of awesome in a bugged sense then. :)

correct. its probably a setting, which is set to a default and never got around to being set to anything useful, the setting may have even come in with an update so gone completly unnoticed.

StDoodle

Minion
Hmm... I have wiki admin access for all but a few things, but I can't figure out what's happening. I can duplicate it on my Android phone, but still don't know what exactly is going wrong. If you can find any info, I* may be able to help.

(So could Bale, if I could, so it makes sense to keep this as an open, regular thread IMO.... though moving it to the wiki itself would also make sense, if you can think of a good place for it.)