Fernswarthy's Basement inaccessible (r16570)

First things first:
I checked basement access in vanilla KoL and everything works as expected.

When trying to access the basement through KoLmafia my browser tab (Firefox 43, Internet Explorer 11) starts loading indefinitely and occurrences of item checks start to appear in the CLI:
Code:
Searching for "disco horoscope (Gemini)"...
Search complete.
Searching for "rack of dinosaur ribs"...
Search complete.
Searching for "pixel star"...
Search complete.
Searching for "Rümpelstiltz"...
Search complete.
Searching for "warbear rejuvenation potion"...

This also goes on indefinitely, advancing by about one successful item check per minute(!).
Accessing other locations works like normal, even while the item checks are occuring.

Considering Java I've only got version 1.8.0_45 installed, no instances of Java 6 or 7.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That's a mall search for every item the helper wants to show, but one item per minute seems like connection issues. Turning on mall price sharing would reduce the number of searches. Or you can turn off mall searching completely for the basement in Choice Advs settings.

I feel like something should be done about the default mafia settings resulting in thousands of mall searches the first time the basement is viewed in a while, though I'm not sure what.

Deactivating mall searches prior to basementing obviously did the trick, so there's a workaround.
Didn't even know mafia did that to populate the basement GUI...

In other news, manually searching the mall also takes up to 30sec. at the moment.
The search results show up after about 3sec., but the status bar keeps showing "Searching for [...]..." for an additional 25-30sec. Maybe it's still the Crimbo lag.