Feature - Rejected Enable using fortune cookies through gCLI

Theraze

Thought I'd found that fortune cookies were usable, and mafia has had several changes to make sure that we know that smashing them doesn't increase fullness. This was noted by lostcalpolydude, and Veracity implemented 10332 to mark them as usable and disable the incorrect fullness. However 10333, also by Veracity, disabled the gCLI ability to smash cookies, though the use links remain in the relay browser. This causes mafia to believe that they're not smashable, per so:
> use fortune cookie

fortune cookie must be eaten.
It's possible that it was disabled due to it still incrementing fullness, but Veracity fixed that (again) in 10575, so... could we have this new functionality for fortune cookies usable through scripts without using visit_url? Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What do you want to happen when you "use" a fortune cookie through a script? You get no lucky numbers; the only thing you get is quest hints - and without visit_url(), you won't get a chance to see those.

Theraze

Ah... shame. Was hoping for lucky numbers. Guess there goes that thought. :) So, that was the reason for the removal, since you only get messages that you won't see in the use dialog?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It was interfering with eating them, somehow. Rather than making an effort to figure out the problem and make them smashable in the GUI/CLI, once I realized that there was no reason to do it except in the Relay Browser, I punted.

Theraze

Sounds good. Sorry... that'll [hopefully] teach me to *gasps* check the wiki before making requests based only on SVN commits. :)