Bug - Fixed Eating Jumbo Dr. Lucifer tries to cast smile of Mr. A

Zaranthos

> eat jumbo dr

Casting The Smile of Mr. A. 1 times...
The Smile of Mr. A. was successfully cast.
Eating 1 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer...

The first time I tried this it attempted to cast Smile of Mr. A 26 times (my max cast per day is 5) but in any case it never casts it anyway. I'm guessing this is a mana burning thing gone wrong.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When you attempt to use a Jumbo Dr. Lucifer, KoLmafia intentionally does Mana Burning to reduce your MP to take full advantage of the item. The item reduces your HP to 1 and gives you 9-11 times the amount of HP you lost, so we burn mana to leave 9 times the lost HP worth of MP free. That seems correct to me.

The bug, therefore, would be KoLmafia choosing to cast Smile of Mr. A as part of mana burning?
Or is the bug that we don't track daily usage of the Smile of Mr. A - which you created a bug report to report?

Looking at the code for Mana Burning, it will only consider increasing the duration of an effect (including the Smile of Mr. A) if it is either in your current mood or you have it in your list of active effects. I assume the latter, in your case. Can you confirm, please?

Do you want to skip the Smile of Mr. A in mana burning? You can do that yourself like this:

set skillBurn3 = -100

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, revision 10342 excludes the Smile of Mr A from mana burning by default, just like we already exclude things like the daily casting limit AT songs.