Bug - Fixed Dusty bottles of wine - incorrect adv / drunk, or missing; also sewer booze/Ode error

Terion

Upgraded to the current build version 9246 to double check this.

I noticed some incorrect numbers in the Item Manager tab (Booze section) for the dusty bottles of Spookyraven wine while looking for some booze to drink during my BM run, and confirmed it now that I'm in aftercore.

With no Ode running, my Average and Glassy wines (Glyphs One and Five) are listed as 2.25 adv / drunk. They should be listed as 1.75 adv / drunk, the same as the Spooky (Glyph Three) wine (which is listed correctly.)

(Great (Glyph Four) wine is correctly showing as 3.00 adv / drunk.)

Bad wine (Glyph Six) is showing as 0.25, but should really be 0.00 as it does not give any adventures for its 2 drunkeness. The "Best Drinks" page in the wiki had it listed as 0.25 for some reason, but I just corrected that page; the "dusty bottle of wine" page did show it as not giving adventures, only 2 drunkeness.

Vinegar (Glyph Two) isn't listing at all; it gives no adventures, and also no drunkeness, but it is still booze (so it cannot be consumed while falling down drunk.)

I noticed that the booze from the clan hobo sewer (bottle of sewage schnapps & bottle of Ooze-O) are both listed in the Item Manager as 0.00 adv / drunk for their 3 drunkeness, which would suggest a precedent of listing no-adventure boozes... but they have their own bug. Having Ode to Booze active causes them to list as 1.00 adv / drunk, but they get no benefit from Ode.

I just drank all four of these no-adventure boozes (dusty bottles of bad wine and vinegar, sewage schnapps, and Ooze-O) with Ode running, and I still did not gain any adventures, nor was my Ode decremented in turns remaining.

The no-adventure boozes would need some kind of exception that prevents their listings from being affected by Ode. Alternatively, they could be just not listed at all in the Booze section, except that they are booze (however poor they may be.)

I don't know if any of these no-adventure boozes trigger the 5 adventures from Blender; I'll make a note to go Blender on my next life to test that, but I'm going to be in aftercore for the immediate future, in case anyone wants to test it before I get to it.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
First drink of the day in Blender (with Ode):

Drinking 1 bottle of sewage schnapps...
You acquire an effect: Majorly Poisoned (duration: 20 Adventures)
You lose 32 hit points
You gain 3 Drunkenness
Finished drinking 1 bottle of sewage schnapps.

So no, doesn't trigger the 5 adventures from Blender.

Fortunately it doesn't stop the following drink being affected by Blender :

Drinking 1 Mae West...
You gain 27 Adventures
You gain 41 Roguishness
You gain 4 Drunkenness
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze
Finished drinking 1 Mae West.

slyz

Developer
The consumption data (adventure and stat yield) has been updated in r9566.

Regarding the 0 drunkenness booze, I'm not in a position to test now, but I'll leave this open so I can look at it one day.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10668 makes booze that gives no adventures not be affected by Ode. (Ditto for food and food adventure effects)
Revision 10669 allows booze with 0 inebriety to show up on the Booze panel of the Item Manager. (Ditto for food and spleen, although I don't think there any items like those.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, we have quantum taco listed at 0 fullness, so those should now appear on the Food panel. Ditto for Schrödinger's thermos and Booze.

Theraze

Ah... I think that KoL considers QT to be 2 fullness (as in, if at 14/15 fullness, you can't eat one) but the actual fullness will be that of the converted item. Not sure if that means we should call it 2, or if that confuses its later calculations.

Winterbay

Ah... I think that KoL considers QT to be 2 fullness (as in, if at 14/15 fullness, you can't eat one) but the actual fullness will be that of the converted item. Not sure if that means we should call it 2, or if that confuses its later calculations.

I think last time I tried to use one it failed to be eaten at a lower fullness than that due to the fact that what it turned into had a higher fullness than what I had left and that was >2.

Theraze

Nope, unless that's changed... at least before, you could get the three tiered wedding cake from the quantum taco without needing to be a FoB teetotaler. Maybe that's changed now, but...

Terion

I seem to recall that the Munchies Pill causes 0-adventure food to give the adventures of the Pill, and it then gets affected by Milk; it is certainly not a case that will come up often, if it even still exists. I'll have to poke around on my multi when it's not 12:30 AM...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I seem to recall that the Munchies Pill causes 0-adventure food to give the adventures of the Pill, and it then gets affected by Milk; it is certainly not a case that will come up often, if it even still exists. I'll have to poke around on my multi when it's not 12:30 AM...
If this is true, I can easily change the code to accommodate. Which 0-adventure food are you planning on using to test with? ;)

(The only ones I see in fullness.txt are the Children's Meal of the Damned and the unfortunate dumplings.)

Last edited: