Drum 'n' bass 'n' drum 'n' bass record

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have completed the castle quest so presumably the Drum 'n' bass 'n' drum 'n' bass record was in my inventory once and removed.

When I get the Flavor of a Raver adventure the relay displayed a spoiler that suggests that I have zero in inventory and that I can get one by taking the choice. I take the choice but don't get one. I suspect this is one of those things that you can only get once per Ascension and is consumed/removed. Is that correct and, if so, would be there any reason to implement a preference besides using it to give more accurate spoiler text?

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The proper thing to implement is quest tracking, and then that could be checked for properly displaying options for the choice adventure.

Theraze

Do note though that with the model airship in the same zone which seems like it should be different after the quest, if you do pick that one with a model airship, you just... lose your airship. No combat. DBDB might be the same... I'll try to remember to test that later. If I remember. :)

Theraze

Yep. Post-giant quest, while farming up a nice steamhat and smacking around fliers, just got my DBDB record. Quest status is irrelevant to choice results.

Theraze

Then the spoiler should definitely be changed to not display the count, and the wording should be changed. Since the "change up the music" choice does appear on the goth and you can use up your DBDB record post-quest, just like the model airship and the steampunk.

Possibly displaying skip adventure by itself only when there's actually a DBDB record in your inventory, and show get DBDB/skip adventure when not. Since without a preference or the item actually in your inventory, there's no way to tell if you've gotten it already and whether that will take an adventure or not.

It's more about the adventure cost than the message text. :)

Theraze

That FReq is unrelated to this, as whether or not you've completed the quest (or unlocked a section), the choice adventures are still possible. You don't complete the quest three times if you originally got the mouse hole, then gave a model airship, and eventually put on the DBDB record... you just wasted 3 (or 4, if you collected the DBDB after finishing the quest) adventures for no good reason.