Daily Dungeon Locked Door question.

I have been observing Kolmafia using skeleton keys to open the Locked Door in DD although I have a pick-o-matic lockpick in my inventory...

Is there a solution to force mafia to use the lockpicks instead of my skeleton key?

Note: A check with a multi with NO skeleton key showed that mafia would use an adventure to open the door! OH NO!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Using lockpicks instead of a skeleton key isn't always a good idea, since you can fail to get through a door and get the negative effect anyway (compared to a key always succeeding at least). In aftercore it's probably guaranteed to not be an issue, but then mafia needs to predict whether you will make it through the door, making things significantly more complicated.

Using lockpicks instead of spending an adventure might always make sense... except it always checks your moxie instead of checking your mainstat, so it might reduce your chance of success.

So maybe something should be changed, but it isn't completely straightforward what.

Ok, is there a way to just force it if I don't care what happens to the account (autostopping when hp is at a user defined level in the hp/mp restorer tab)?

All I am asking is for it to be an option, requiring the user to turn it on, users beware, unless of course, a newbie stumbles upon it and doesn't like what its doing, nothing to say to that...